Scottish chef aims for record-breaking pricey pizza

View previous topic :: View next topic  
janbo1960

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Scottish chef aims for record-breaking pricey pizza Reply with quote

A chef in Scotland has created what he believes is the world's most expensive pizza, made from champagne-soaked caviar, lobster marinated in the finest cognac and topped with 24-carat gold shavings.

Restaurateur Domenico Crolla is hoping to sell the "Pizza Royale 007" for at least 2,000 pounds ($4,982) on Internet auction site eBay, with all proceeds going to charity.

Mr Crolla, from Glasgow - where legend has it deep-fried pizza can be found on sale at fish and chip shops - said the pizza was perfect to suit the expensive tastes of suave fictional British superspy James Bond

"If any pizza was made to suit 007, this is it. Everyone loves a pizza as a treat, and this should be a real luxury experience," he added.

The 12-inch (30-centimetre) pizza has an organic base spread with a sunblush tomato sauce, with other toppings including Scottish smoked salmon and medallions of venison and prosciutto drizzled with vintage balsamic vinegar.

The current world record price for a pizza is held by a white truffle, mushroom and fontina cheese creation, which sells for 100 pounds ($249) at Gordon Ramsay's Maze restaurant in London.

Mr Crolla will create the pizza at the winning bidder's home or at one of his restaurants.

Dont forget a dash of Haggis!!!! thumbs
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"legend has it" that you get deep-fried pizzas here? It's no legend, I can assure you! They're just cheese pizzas though, no toppings as such...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I don't picture James Bond eating a pizza, but I suppose this would certainly be his kind. Question is, will he eat it with a martini??? (shaken of course, not stirred)
janbo1960

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
"legend has it" that you get deep-fried pizzas here? It's no legend, I can assure you! They're just cheese pizzas though, no toppings as such...

We used to get them off the chip van - deep fried in batter... great... about 10,000,00 calories!!!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Somehow I don't picture James Bond eating a pizza, but I suppose this would certainly be his kind. Question is, will he eat it with a martini??? (shaken of course, not stirred)

Laughing Good one eefan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: