Jonathan Ross attacks Heather McCartney

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Jonathan Ross attacks Heather McCartney Reply with quote

YOU LIAR
By Fiona Cummins
OUTRAGEOUS TV presenter Jonathan Ross has launched a scathing attack on Heather Mills - branding her a liar. Ross also poked fun at her claims of violence by estranged husband Sir Paul McCartney. Ross, who was hosting a music awards bash in London, opened the ceremony by saying: "Heather Mills McCartney - what a fucking liar. I wouldn't be surprised if we found out she's actually got two legs." Heather, 38, lost her leg when she was hit by a police motorbike 13 years ago.

His remarks were cheered by a celebrity-packed audience at the Q Awards, including Oasis star Noel Gallagher, U2, The Who and Boy George. But disability campaigners hit out, saying Ross was setting "the wrong example". John Pring, of Disability Now, said: "I think these jokes at the expense of the disabled upset a lot of people. If someone sees Jonathan Ross saying something like this and they feel it's OK to repeat it, then we hear it on the streets."

In leaked divorce documents, mum-of-one Heather alleged Macca had attacked her on at least four occasions and friends reacted furiously to Ross's comments. A pal said: "It is absolutely outrageous. How the hell would Jonathan Ross know what went on in their marriage? "As for his comments about her legs, it was misjudged, unpleasant and in very poor taste."

Heather, who wears a prosthetic leg and ships false limbs to land mine victims in war zones, declined to comment. Meanwhile, Ross has been cleared by broadcasting watchdogs Ofcom after asking David Cameron whether he fantasised about Margaret Thatcher as a teenager. Ross drew 251 complaints when he asked the leader of the opposition on his BBC1 chat show if he "may have considered Margaret Thatcher in a carnal manner - as pin-up material". He also interrupted Cameron's comments about party policy with the question: "But did you or did you not have a wank thinking about Thatcher?" But Ofcom said "In the context of a chat show, with the interview itself being shown well after the watershed at 11.30pm, we do not consider that the content of the interview was so extreme that it breached generally accepted standards." Ofcom added that Cameron had said he would go on the show again.

---------------

I don't doubt that Heather Mills is a liar, but what has that got to do with Ross? Is he just protecting his rich mates from bad publicity? Seems like it to me. You don't see him ever actually promoting anything positive, it always seems to be sneering sarcasm or fawning wankishness, though I do still watch his show all the same...
fritz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don?t know Mr. Ross nor do I care to. Even if he?s right he still seems like he's kind of anal retentive.But then again thats not my world. Confused
Griffo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, she is definetley lying. Paul McCartney is so old he can't even drop his pants, let alone drop that feisty unidexter.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffo wrote:
Yeah, she is definetley lying. Paul McCartney is so old he can't even drop his pants, let alone drop that feisty unidexter.

Laughing I love the way you look at things
HandoGod

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffo wrote:

Laughing made me laugh too

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: