Video The Vote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Video The Vote Reply with quote

It comes to something when people are so worried about rigged ballots that they'd go this far.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a brilliant idea. The only problem is the video is after the fact and they usually won't do bugger all about it once the voting is finished with and the polls are closed.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I think that's a brilliant idea. The only problem is the video is after the fact and they usually won't do bugger all about it once the voting is finished with and the polls are closed.

when there's evidence like that it can be built up for use in future - this is a war that will be more than a few battles.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about these people wake up a little early in the morning and go to the polls and vote then? Most videos show lines at night...um, the polls open very early in the morning. Don't wait until the last minute at 5 minutes to 9pm to cast your vote. If it's that important to you, get there! I mean, it's open all morning, afternoon, and at night to I think 9pm. I do agree with the machines though. Even where I live where taxes are high and there is the "best of everything"....our machines are ratty looking. Plenty of them, but ratty looking. It's not necessary. So......there are two sides to every coin. I'm just bored, don't mind me....carry on...lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
How about these people wake up a little early in the morning and go to the polls and vote then? Most videos show lines at night...um, the polls open very early in the morning. Don't wait until the last minute at 5 minutes to 9pm to cast your vote. If it's that important to you, get there! I mean, it's open all morning, afternoon, and at night to I think 9pm. I do agree with the machines though. Even where I live where taxes are high and there is the "best of everything"....our machines are ratty looking. Plenty of them, but ratty looking. It's not necessary. So......there are two sides to every coin. I'm just bored, don't mind me....carry on...lol

How about the authorities provide adequate coverage for the busy times of day - the people should come first, after all.

We don't even have voting machines here and I can only remember a couple of incidents in the last decade or more where there has been a serious allegation of corruption.

Still, as the old saying goes, if voting actually changed anything they'd abolish it.
fritz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whinge whinge whinge nyer Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritz wrote:
whinge whinge whinge nyer Laughing

It's whinging to demand your right to a vote and that it be carried out fairly?

crazed
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:

You might have been bored but you've a very good point. If people wait till the last hour then there's going to be line-ups like that, although I do believe the system has broken down in certain areas, but then again I'm only going by what I see on news coverage.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Still, as the old saying goes, if voting actually changed anything they'd abolish it.

I've never heard that saying before, but I have to stand up and give a big "AMEN" to it -- sad but true.

The video was not an exaggeration, at least from my personal experience.

I remember waiting in a very long line to vote in the 2004 elections - and I went at an "off-period": 10:30 a.m. If my recollections are correct, 2004 had one of the biggest voter turnouts in U.S. history.

Problem is, there are people working 3rd shifts and night shifts, so they can't get to the polls until later in the day. If any lesson were to be learned from 2004, I would expect (1) that more voting machines will be available, and (2) because yet another large voter turnout is predicted.

Still, I'm looking forward to the US elections on 7 November 06 to see how the voting public feel. In other words, are we going to "stay the course" or "take a new direction"?

I'm not optimistic.... but I will go to the polls and cast my vote, if anything, it will cancel out someone who has an opinion different to mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: