Dallas - The Movie - production halted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Dallas - The Movie - production halted Reply with quote

Dallas shot down, but not JR

Friday October 13, 2006
Guardian Unlimited

In a tense cliffhanger to rival the show's Who Shot JR? storyline, Hollywood has put the brakes on a big-screen version of the long-running TV soap opera Dallas. The film adaptation of the hugely popular 1970s television show about rival Texas oil barons had been due to start shooting in November but, according to Variety, the film's makers have decided to abort the film's cast, with the exception of John Travolta as JR Ewing, and retry with lesser stars.

If you remember, the film was supposed to star Jennifer Lopez as JR's longsuffering wife Sue Ellen, Shirley MacLaine as matriarch Miss Ellie and Luke Wilson as Bobby Ewing. Lopez left the project under mysterious circumstances in August, and talks then started with Meg Ryan for the role.

However, word has emerged that director Gurinder Chadha, who was parachuted into the production to replace Robert Luketic, was not happy with the cast. Also, focus group research has convinced makers Regency that the only character audiences care about is JR. So the plan now is to recast the film by January to make Dallas for a substantially lower outlay than the current budget of $65m, and tweak the script to make it more appealing to young viewers.

-------------

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that the script will include some kind of environmental protestors... maybe JR will bump them off, proving his evil oil-baronability!
HandoGod

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect the film to be a bit pants if there's only one star we know of. nyer
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could care less. I think the real drama lies in whether or not the thing will acutally get made..... by the time the movie comes out, nobody will care.
janbo1960

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they bring back digger barnes!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: