white terrorists don't get headlines

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: white terrorists don't get headlines Reply with quote

A terror raid that doesn't make the headlines - despite chemical explosives and a rocket launcher online only

Here's a police seizure of weapons that wasn?t splashed all over the front pages. This week a British National Party election candidate has been accused of possessing the largest amount of chemical explosives of its type ever found in the country. That?s right, the largest ever - imagine if he?d been an Asian man. Home secretary John Reid would have held a special press conference and it would have led every news bulletin.

The home of another man charged with similar offences contained a rocket launcher and a nuclear biological suit as well as BNP literature and chemicals!

Robert Cottage of Talbot Street, Colne, and David Bolus Jackson of Trent Road, Nelson, made separate appearances in court charged with being in possession of an explosive substance for an unlawful purpose. Cottage was arrested at his home on Thursday of last week, while retired dentist Jackson was arrested in the Lancaster area on Friday. Christiana Buchanan, who appeared for the prosecution in Jackson's case, alleged the pair had "some kind of masterplan".

The 22 chemical components recovered by police are believed to be the largest haul ever found at a house in this country. Cottage stood as a BNP candidate in the Pendle council elections in May.

---------------

I've not even heard of this story until this evening...and it was only because I listening to the George Galloway show that I did.

This was the biggest haul ever in the UK... that's news where I come from, so why wasn't it reported widely?
janbo1960

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because there were no arabs involved!!!

shameful!!!
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised. We have some homegrown terrorist nuts here. Look at Timothy McVie. Plenty of kooks like him here. Nuts come in all colors, shapes, and sizes. It just depends on what category his gripe falls under. I hope there are no kooks who are looking to blow up hard working Pirtybirdys from Long Island, otherwise I'm in deep turd. Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
janbo1960

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but we cant invade our own countries to hunt dow 'home grown' terrorists!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
I'm not surprised. We have some homegrown terrorist nuts here. Look at Timothy McVie. Plenty of kooks like him here. Nuts come in all colors, shapes, and sizes. It just depends on what category his gripe falls under. I hope there are no kooks who are looking to blow up hard working Pirtybirdys from Long Island, otherwise I'm in deep turd. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm not surprised that these racist scumbags have ideas to kill people either, but I am surprised the national news media seems to have completely ignored the story.

There is a tiny mention in today's Sunday Times, but no other source apart from the local newspaper where the arrests were made have carried it... sounds deliberate if you ask me. shhh
janbo1960

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'men in greay suits" Face.....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a news report from the BBC broadcast today regarding the case...

edit: if the video doesn't play click this: http://couchtripper.com/video/news-bnp-bomber.wmv
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These jackasses shouldn't be getting any press time whatsoever. The only time they should be getting is in a locked cell.

This only helps the BNP get more attention as far as I'm concerned. Just lock the pricks up and throw away the key and be done with it. At their age you can't change them so let them rot away from civilization.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNP candidate was 'stockpiling chemicals for civil war'
By Telegraph newsdesk
Burnley Citizen

THE wife of a BNP council candidate acc-used of stockpiling chemicals for a civil war reported him after he stopped her watching the television, a court heard. Kerena Cottage, 29, reported Robert, her husband of three years, after he became "radical" in his religious and political views and removed the TV aerial to shield her from 'government propaganda'. Louise Blackwell, prosecuting, said: "He became more religious and controlling of her. He removed the aerial from the television so she couldn't watch what he described as the brain-washing material being put out by the government."

School bus driver Cottage, 49, is jointly accused with former dentist David Jackson, 62, of conspiring to cause an explosion between 1 January 2006 and 30 September 2006. Cottage admitted possessing explosives between the same dates during a previous trial. But Jackson, of Trent Street, Nelson, denies the charge.

Yesterday, Manchester Crown Court, heard that Cottage took delivery of 11 boxes of chemicals and ingredients after Jackson wrote him a letter setting out what to buy. Miss Blackwell said the investigation began after Mrs Cottage, who suffers from schizophrenia, reported her husband to her social worker who called the police. She said: "At the start of the relationship all was well but it degenerated. Robert Cottage met a member of the BNP and both he and Kerena joined the organisation. Kerena says sometimes they would go to meetings very regularly, at which times she described his attitude as radical.

He stood on two occasions for the local elections and wasn't selected. "Through his membership he met his co-defendant, who wasn't a member but attended meetings. Kerena Cottage describes her husband beginning to discuss Asian and white cultures and began listening to what she considered radical radio broadcasts over the internet.

Some time after the chemicals were delivered on 27 September to Cottage's home in Talbot Street, Colne, police arrested him. The Crown say Cottage also had BB guns, a cross bow, gas masks, two 56 kilogram bags of sugar, a box of mini flares, half a ton of rice, 34 gas canisters, a selection of pellets and an air pistol. Also, officers found a series of printed bomb recipes from "The Anarchist's Handbook", downloaded from the internet.

"The prosecution say these recipes, particularly though not exclusively,show what the intention was of these defendants," said Miss Blackwell. "Namely, they intended to make an explosion from what they had. These two men agreed to order chemicals that put together would cause an explosion and had the ability to endanger life or cause damage to property. They didn't have them for any lawful purpose."

--------------------
luke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was an interesting exchange of emails between the bbc and some people on medialens ages ago when this first happend ( and was ignored ) - i can't remember exactly, but i'll summarise by saying it was bollocks - but its amazing how on mass the media choose to ignore this when it first happend. there was one guy ( lower down ) at the bbc who said he was amazed the decision was made to not cover it at the time

its like that european report on terrorism the other week, where islamist terrorism accounted for just 0.2% of all terrorism in europe in 2006 - i don't remember the media talking much about the other 99.8% of terrorism, but the 0.2% - you can't open a news paper or watch the tele without them banging on about the 0.2%

it seems if the profile of the terrorists doesn't fit the medias agenda of hyping islamist terrorism, its not newsworthy ... if this case had been exactly the same, but swap this guy for a muslim, you wouldn't have been able to escape the media coverage of it ...
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they were only going to use the explosives in nice ways, not like those nasty Arab people, the idea of terror does seem to be spreading to anyone who wants to put across a message or have some sort of self obsessed cause, the BNP is supposedly a political party if its proved that this was an action known to 'the party' they should be banned you cant be a politcal party and be involved in serious crime.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 and a half years (out in 15 months probably)? Gawd bless justice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: