Wanna cut in line? Eat a live cockroach

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Wanna cut in line? Eat a live cockroach Reply with quote

Eating a Madagascar hissing cockroach like this one will get you to the front of the line at Six Flags Great America.

GURNEE, Illinois (AP) -- Why wait in line when you can just eat a cockroach?

That's the question Six Flags Great America is asking thrill seekers during a Halloween-themed FrightFest. The amusement park is daring customers to eat a live Madagascar hissing cockroach in exchange for unlimited line-jumping privileges.

The promotion, which has Lake County Health Department officials shaking their heads, starts October 7.

Anyone who chows down the entire 2- to 3-inch horned cockroach gets a pass for four people to cut to the front of ride lines through October 29.

Park officials insist it's safe to eat the crunchy critters, but health officials are cautioning participants.

Consuming live roaches might increase risks of gastrointestinal illness and allergies, according to Bill Mays, Lake County Health Department's community health director.

Cockroach eaters will have to sign waivers and still pay admission fees, said Six Flags spokesman James Taylor.

I wouldn't eat one of those to save my life
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there's bound to be a few that give it a go at least - gads!

I don't like the fact that it's live though - seems cruel even if it is a cockroach.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I'm sure there's bound to be a few that give it a go at least - gads!

I don't like the fact that it's live though - seems cruel even if it is a cockroach.

Yeah it's a living thing and it is cruel. I actually thought that watching them do it on Fear Factor before.

If I saw one of them big buggers coming my way I'd not stop running till I hit a wall lol Shocked
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just gross!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a programme on the Discovery Channel called "Dirty Jobs". In this particular episode, the presenter followed the day-to-day workings of a sewer inspector. In this instance, the presenter went into the sewer tunnels beneath San Francisco, and at certain points, saw cockroaches lining the sewer walls. He even had to brush the cockroaches off of his uniform several times.

So, I'm wondering, are the cockroaches offered at this amusement promotion obtained from a home-based "breeder", or are the cockroaches collected from "wherever?"

Always mindful of health & safety, that's me --- I'd prefer a hnad-raised cockroach to a sewer cockroach any day. Laughing Laughing Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kezza wrote:
I saw a programme on the Discovery Channel called "Dirty Jobs". In this particular episode, the presenter followed the day-to-day workings of a sewer inspector. In this instance, the presenter went into the sewer tunnels beneath San Francisco, and at certain points, saw cockroaches lining the sewer walls. He even had to brush the cockroaches off of his uniform several times.

So, I'm wondering, are the cockroaches offered at this amusement promotion obtained from a home-based "breeder", or are the cockroaches collected from "wherever?"

Always mindful of health & safety, that's me --- I'd prefer a hnad-raised cockroach to a sewer cockroach any day. Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's actually a good point. I wonder if they're cleaned lol That sounds so bloody odd Laughing

Reading your post reminded me of Princess Nikki this week. Have you been watching that at all? She had some 'shitty' task this week Shocked
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEEEEwwwww!
Twirley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way - I wouldn't even be able to touch it, never mind eat it! Ugghhhh!

Shocked
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not one who's afraid of the creepy crawly things in life but I think I would run away and scream like a bitch if I seen one of those things !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: