America's threat to Pakistan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: America's threat to Pakistan Reply with quote

U.S. threatened to bomb Pakistan after 9/11: Musharraf
Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:21pm ET135
EW YORK (Reuters) - President Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan said that after the September 11 attacks the United States threatened to bomb his country if it did not cooperate with America's war campaign against the Taliban in Afghanistan. Musharraf, in an interview with CBS news magazine show "60 Minutes" that will air Sunday, said the threat came from Assistant Secretary of State Richard Armitage and was given to Musharraf's intelligence director. "The intelligence director told me that (Armitage) said, 'Be prepared to be bombed. Be prepared to go back to the Stone Age,'" Musharraf said. "I think it was a very rude remark."

The Pakistani leader, whose remarks were distributed to the media by CBS, said he reacted to the threat in a responsible way. "One has to think and take actions in the interest of the nation, and that's what I did," Musharraf said about the cooperation extended by Pakistan.

Musharraf said some demands made by the United States were "ludicrous," including one insisting he suppress domestic expression of support for terrorism against the United States. "If somebody's expressing views, we cannot curb the expression of views," Musharraf said.

from here

-------------

I suppose when you see a Stealth bomber flying over it makes you think...
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw Musharraf and Bush in a news conference and they were laughing it up and having a good ole time.

I don't doubt it happened but Musharraf wasn't there, only Richard Armitage and Gen Mahmood Ahmed.

It would be obvious though that Pakistan would have been attacked if they didn't cooperate because USA was going after the Taliban and it would have taken them to Pakistan sooner or later, and they'd of bombed the shit out of it if there was no diplomacy between both countries.....or 'forced' diplomacy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: