I love Roo, Ronnie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: I love Roo, Ronnie Reply with quote

UNITED WE STAND ... Rooney and Ronaldo celebrate

By NEIL CUSTIS:
Man Utd 5 Fulham 1

WAYNE ROONEY had a hug for Cristiano Ronaldo to publicly show their World Cup woes are behind them.

And boss Alex Ferguson said: ?He and Rooney looked like best of pals.?

Rooney, who scored twice and set up Ronaldo for his goal, said: ?I think we have let our football do the talking.

?I?ve proved already from what I?ve said there is no problem between us. People say things but they do not really know the pair of us. I was delighted Cristiano got his goal and showed what a talent he is. He was brilliant.?

Their celebrations were all a far cry from their World Cup quarter-final bust-up when Ronaldo helped to get Rooney sent off. Rooney, 20, and Paul Scholes now both face three-match bans after an FA disciplinary commission rejected their appeals against red cards from the Amsterdam Tournament.

Rooney added: ?Me and Scholesy are devastated with the ban particularly after the start we have had today.?

England sponsors Nationwide have dismissed Rooney?s threats to withdraw from all commercial work because of the FA claiming ?the team is bigger than one individual?.

FERGUSON ... delighted

But Chris Hull of Nationwide said: ?We have bought into the England team as sponsors and not one individual player.?

Ferguson was thrilled by United?s performance. He said: ?The making and taking of the goals was excellent and there was a great excitement about our play.?

People have to consider his age when he makes remarks like he does. He's a bit of a heated character and spouts out things without thinking. He's a bit of an ego happening as well, but I personally don't give a toss as long as he performs well for Man Utd.....and ohhhhhh does he kiss

Nice to see him and Ronaldo have gotten over things as well. Most of what's said in the press is shite anyway and the most important thing is for them to do their jobs and get on whilst doing it. I think they've accomplished that thumbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: