"Our choices always stem from our beliefs" ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gordonrussell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: "Our choices always stem from our beliefs" ?? Reply with quote

I'll have to chew that one over..............

Being a believer that we have all been conditioned in our lives to some extent, and also believing that most /all (?) conditioning can be conquered / overcome/ come to terms with , just wondering what you thought of this:

nae/ neigh preachin!'
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's an interesting topic, but I reckon it would be best in Aja's Kitchen
gordonrussell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK face, I'll repost......... ah, you beat me to it ( should've guessed!!!) thinking
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, to the question - I was brought up in a meat-eating family then became mainly vegetarian when I was about 19 because I didn't think I'd be able to kill a cow or pig just to eat it. I was always ok with the idea of killing a fish or chicken though, so I kept eating those.

These days I've slipped back into eating red meat, but I'd much rather eat more healthily. A well made vegetarian meal is easily as good as a well made non-veggie meal - but I'm just not a good enough cook to do that.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm Intresting ....I was bought up on Spam and chips spam egg and chips spam and beans and chips and etc etc ....My mother basicly could not cook .....I was the start of the new age chicken fingers brigade .....

I have never really liked red meat ...always been prone to chicken and fish ....I do like the Odd steak ...but its so pricy ..... My diet consists of Salad every day and mostly fish or chicken grillled I do like pork (the other white meat ) We live on rice or japenese Noodles I do not really like pasta .... our main vegs are red and green peppers onions .tomatoes.....cilantro ...mint ...ginger .....etc etc .....I do like asparagas and I do like to steam cabbage .... and if forced i will eat broccoli .....I do not really like fruits apart from bananas mangos ...peaches anything i can grill.... I do like cous cous and other grains .....you can add so much to them ....when i was in the hospital recently .....They were really happy with my diet .....they said it was one of the things that prolly saved me .....A veggie diet is not hard face .......most of us are on it with out knowing .....But I will look for some recipes for U .....
luke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aja, your diet sounds a bit like mine when i was younger, my step mum used to give us baked beans with everything! Laughing

i don't eat anything like a veggie diet, if a meal doesn't include some sort of meat or fish it doesn't seem complete! i have been eating more fish than meat recently though. saying that, i made my self a monster home made burger yesterday topped with bacon!

i don't know, but i guess having a tasty veggie diet is all down to the use of herbs and spices, using them right you can make anything taste nice!

aja, if you have a cous cous recipe - veggie or not - post it up when you can, i've been wanting to find a decent cous cous recipe recently Smile

a friend of mine is on an interesting diet, its all raw stuff. she was really ill and started this as part of trying to get better, and shes bang into it now, and feeling loads better. shes always got jars of sprouting hemp seeds and stuff about the kitchen!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was an interesting related piece.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: