Corrie: Nick Tilsley's replacement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Corrie: Nick Tilsley's replacement Reply with quote

Ben Price is cast as Corrie's Nick Tilsley

A former star of 'Footballers' Wives' has been announced as the actor to take over the role of Nick Tilsley in 'Coronation Street'. Digital Spy reports that Ben Price is to take over the role of Gail Platt's eldest son and will be seen on the street from Christmas. The character was played by Adam Rickitt on and off from 1997 until 2004.

Price said: "I am absolutely delighted to get this part. I have been seen a couple of times for Coronation Street characters in the past few years, but I am pleased now that I didn't get those roles. I am really looking forward to stamping my own mark on the character of Nick."
Advertisement

The character gets into hot water immediately on his arrival on the street when he gets involved with his half-brother David's ex-girlfriend, Tina (Michelle Keegan). Previously his character has been married to Leanne Battersby played by Jane Danson and also had a relationship with Maria Connor (Samia Smith).

----------------

He actually looks quite like Adam Rickett.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably not have noticed the difference. I wasn't watching the show when he was in it and I have seen some past episodes where he was there. Ah well, new Nick, new Sam, new Mark Fowler, it's all good to me. lol!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with Mark Fowler, there was no choice, the actor killed himself, and with Sam the replacement was SO much better. Why has this actor been changed?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they've changed because the original actor, Adam Rickett, is too busy building up his shoplifting empire in Australia, or so I hear...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that does take up alot of time. As long as he is moving forward with his life... Laughing
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He must have learned the trade from the master......Wynona Rider. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Twirley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh...I like this guy. I remember im from Footballers' Wives. Cute as a button. Sexier voice than Adam Rickett.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick is just evil -- pure and simple...EVIL. I can't believe that he is setting Peter up for such a monumental fall and that Peter is going along with it. If he thinks that this will have Leeann kicking her pumps off and running into his arms..he is stupid as well as evil.
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Nick is just evil -- pure and simple...EVIL. I can't believe that he is setting Peter up for such a monumental fall and that Peter is going along with it. If he thinks that this will have Leeann kicking her pumps off and running into his arms..he is stupid as well as evil.

yes, I was thinking that when he took round the bottle of wine to Peter's. It's obvious that Leanne isn't thick. And to think I liked him when he came back to the show. I still think he should have ended up with Carla. those two could have been a long term couple - sparks 'n all. I think Nick's time with Leanne is over, boring and I can't see a future in it! sleep
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick has certainly done a complete 180, hasn't he? The voice of reason now....
Twirley

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Nick has certainly done a complete 180, hasn't he? The voice of reason now....

Hahaha...yeah, the writers have really damped down his character. Although, he's more like he was when he came in, so I guess that's feasible. I'm liking how he seems to have a calmness about him these days, although I think there are sparks to come between him & Eva in the not too distant future.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so! Need some sparks there...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't tell me that Nick and Leann are going to a couple again... ZZZZzzzzz... I think the key to that theory is that here is Eva going on in the Rovers about the smiles and looks that Nick was giving her and the next scene is him in hospital with Leann.... Ugh...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering about that - it would be pretty crap, though maybe it would turn into a slow-cooking disaster of some sort
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: