galloway gets a question on pmq's!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: galloway gets a question on pmq's! Reply with quote

galloway got a question in at todays prime ministers questions - i think thats the first time i've ever seen him get a question at pmq's

its the last question i think, or about 1.03:35 in the daily politics;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01gnjc5/Daily_Politics_18_04_2012/
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one

joepiano

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this! So is this true, that GG never got to ask a question during PMQ before? That is stunning. Well I hope it happens more often this time around. And a damn good question it was!
luke

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know if its true joe, thats just from my memory over the time i've been watching it ( and some times i don't bother )
joepiano

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am able download the audio on a regular basis by subscribing via iTunes to PMQ. Of course, I have none of the episodes from when GG was in Parliament in the past.

What a difference it makes to actually see the video! Your memory is good enough for me Luke...and a big 'up' to you for posting the video. It sure was great to see GG at his best, and finally being treated with the kind of respect that he deserves. Also, it seemed he was looking much healthier, and even younger, in this video.

I hope that he can have a positive effect by being in your Parliament. If there were other politicians in the same league as GG, in any of our political institutions, within our two countries, we might actually be able to believe in the value of 'Politics' once again. My cynicism regarding these seemingly useless institutions overwhelms me these days. Sad
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some GG videos in Parliament.

2007-07-18 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsEZcoUnXjQ

2007-06-11 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7xCfgCAs8E

2007-02-26 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbdGUK8lsuk

I uploaded these first years ago, but that account was closed. With his re-election I thought it was worth doing them again.
joepiano

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks for those video clips. Another morning with a bit of hope for the future. I sure hope GG can manage to help to improve the lives of those folks living in his new constituency. The press in the UK needs to be proven wrong, regarding the nasty talking points I keep hearing them throw at GG, especially all the false accusations about his supposed 'insincerity' regarding getting things done for his constituency. He seems to me, to be the most sincere politician I have ever known of. How I yearn for real journalism!

If Occupy can get going again in the U.S. and the U.K., this might really be a 'spring' to remember.

Thanks again for the videos, Face!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: