Kara Tointon NOTW feature
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see she's putting all that acting skill to use Laughing Hey, I guess it pays the bills Laughing
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, any jab at her would be pure jealousy!! I do have to agree with one of the comments, and I am sure this was from a woman too...she is built like a little boy....straight up and down in the hips, no curves. Having said that...who really notices??? Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kara Tointon is Strictly in shape as she models underwear for Asda
2nd October 2010

There was a pile of words along with these pics, but I'm cutting to the quick...

thumbs
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

‘After EastEnders, I felt suicidal. Strictly saved me’
She was a hot TV actress with a celebrity boyfriend she adored. But then Kara Tointon’s world fell apart. She reveals why she’ll be dancing for more than survival on the show
By Beth Neil,
Photography by John Wright,
02/10/2010

History tells us that very few soap stars manage to make it away from the show that made their name. The odd exception will go on to bigger and better things, but most disappear into oblivion, carve a career out of reality TV dramas or end up on shows such as The Bill (RIP). So, when Kara Tointon was told by her EastEnders bosses to leave Albert Square last year, she knew life away from the security of Walford might not be easy. What she didn't bank on was quite how bleak the months ahead would turn out to be.

Since leaving the cast almost 14 months ago, the 27-year-old star has struggled to find any acting work at all. And, shockingly, she admits there have been times so dark, she's been on the verge of not only quitting the industry but of taking her own life. In her most candid interview yet, Kara says: "I'll be honest, I've felt suicidal. I know that sounds dramatic but it's really tough out there. You're used to being busy and then, all of a sudden, you're not. It's the worst thing ever.

"Acting-wise it's been on its knees. It's a disaster out there. It's been so, so difficult. I've thought about giving up acting for good. Many times. When you're working, it feels worth all the hanging around. But during the down times, you're just waiting for the phone to ring - it's awful. I find myself staring at the phone, thinking: 'Won't you just ring?!' And it doesn't."

Kara's turmoil began when her character, Dawn Swann, was written out of EastEnders last summer, after four years on the BBC One soap. Her on-screen mum, step-dad, half-sister and brother (played by her ex, Joe Swash) had already been axed, so she knew she was living on borrowed time. "Once your on-screen family starts disappearing, you know you're a goner," she says, wryly. "For the past year, all I'd been doing was ordering a sandwich once a month in the caff so there was nothing left to do. It was the best job I've ever had and I loved it so much, but I knew it was time to go."

A stint in panto at the Bristol Hippodrome and a couple of modelling gigs followed, but when it came to the acting, there wasn't a peep. "When I started on EastEnders it was a different world," she says. "People such as Tamzin Outhwaite were able to leave the show and have a lot of opportunities in front of them. But I came out of it at the worst time because drama is being cut in favour of reality shows and, until it picks up again, it's going to be tough. I just pray that it gets easier so I can move on."

Her crisis of confidence was compounded by the breakdown of her stormy two-year relationship with former EastEnders co-star and king of the I'm A Celebrity... jungle, Joe Swash. Love had blossomed out of a close friendship, but there were reports of several bust-ups, including one blazing row backstage at the pantomime.

'All break-ups are horrible, but Joe and I are OK now," says Kara. "I love him to bits, but we both realised it just wasn't going to work. Now, we're so close that we speak practically every day. It's great we're able to do that and have managed to stay friends." Although the pair remain on good terms, the heart-rending split (in May this year) has put her off dating for the time being - you get the feeling she's still picking up the pieces.

Thankfully, the forecast ahead is beginning to look a bit brighter - not to mention a whole lot more sparkly. Kara is hoping to boogie her way back to the big time as one of the favourites to win the new series of Strictly Come Dancing, hence our Flashdance-inspired shoot.

She hopes the programme will prove the catalyst for a fresh start. Despite declaring herself a romance-free zone, she blushes at the mention of her Strictly dance partner, red-blooded new boy Artem Chigvinsev. "He's rather gorgeous, isn't he?" she says. "During the launch show, when we were teamed up with our partners for the first time, I got a little bit flustered. I nearly fainted, actually! He's a Russian hunk and really lovely. But we're going to be strictly professional and just learn how to dance." But there's a mischievous grin as she says this - we can't help laughing.

"There'll be none of that," she insists somewhat unconvincingly. "I'm enjoying a little bit of time to myself without having to worry about anything else."

Leotard-clad, soaked to the skin and shivering quite violently, poor Kara is being pushed to the limit on today's shoot. We're up on the roof of Fabulous HQ with a rain machine that is blasting freezing cold water over her while she twists herself into several athletic positions. Does she complain? Whinge? Moan? Not once. Kara Tointon is perhaps the most sporting, good-natured and professional celebrity we've had the pleasure of dealing with. And she looks incredible.

"I doubt there'll ever be a better picture of you, Kara," says our photographer John while we wrap her in a warm dressing gown and pour her a hot cuppa. "This is a different sort of shoot to anything I've ever done before," she says, teeth still chattering. "And I've never shivered as much! But I'm so pleased with the way it's turned out, so it was worth it."

The body - wow - is the result of thrice-weekly sessions with a personal trainer. The once gymophobic Kara has learned to love exercise. Her weight plummeted in the aftermath of the split with Joe, but she's fighting fit again now. "I feel fitter than ever," she says. "If I'm not active, I get really agitated. While I was in EastEnders I didn't have the time, but I've always been quite lucky with my weight. I stay at 8 to 8½st. I feel more confident now I'm toned as well."

Kara, a graduate of the famous Sylvia Young Theatre School, grew up in Southend, Essex, daughter of accountant Ken and housewife Carol. Her own showbiz fortunes might have suffered a recent lull, but younger sister Hannah's career is going from strength to strength. The 22-year-old has enjoyed spells in Hollyoaks and New Tricks and can currently be seen in the award-winning E4 comedy The Inbetweeners.

"She's so busy right now," says Kara. "She hasn't stopped. We've always said that, as long as one of us is working, we're happy. She's having a great year. I'm so jealous she got The Inbetweeners - I've told her she has to get me in there somehow. It's one of my favourite shows."

For now, though, long-time Strictly fan Kara is concentrating on perfecting her quickstep and tango - despite once vowing never to set foot on the famous BBC One dance floor. She says: "I was a crazy stalker fan of Strictly and it got to the point where I was in the audience every week! I'd always said I was a viewer and would never be a participant, so I guess I should shut my mouth now! I've always loved dancing, but until now, it's been on my own. The competition? Obviously I know Scott Maslen from EastEnders really well and he's a good mover. Jimi Mistry and Goldie are fantastic as well. And I love Ann Widdecombe - she just cracks me up!"

Post-Strictly, Kara is looking forward to a more fruitful, positive year. She's in the process of setting up her own interior-design business and has already done up The Barnsbury pub in North London. She's also just finished filming new supernatural thriller Bedlam alongside Will Young, which will be screened on Living in the new year.

"I'd love to do a musical," she says. "But the main thing is to keep on working. I hope 2011 is happy and healthy." And will she be ready to look for love again? "Maybe I'll be ready to start dating," she says. "Maybe."

So, Kara, have you ever...

Checked the texts on a boyfriend's phone? "Just the once. It's never a good idea."

Gone to work still drunk from the night before? "No. I mean, perhaps! Very rarely. We've all done it at some point."

Kissed a girl? "No, not even on screen. I've not played a lesbian. Yet."

Lied on your CV? "I once said I could horse ride - I just thought I'd learn if I had to prove it!"
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kara on winning form in sizzling beach photoshoot ahead of Strictly final
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, I don't think "sitting down to a meal" is the only thing her and her partner do together.
Twirley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kara is so lovely and down-to-earth. I really like her. She's bubbly, too and I always like that. I hope she gets what she wants out of life.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish this had been the way the Dawn character had been. Would have loved her around!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should rename this the "Kara Tointon In Her Underwear" thread --- I don't think there's another thread with that many underwear pictures in it Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't make the news, I just repost the important bits!

To be honest though, I noticed this thread was linked to on a few sites specifically for that reason, so I fed the internet beast...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She really looks like Stephanie Beacham in these pics.
Twirley

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - you're right Face! She really does look like Stephanie Beacham. Should be a good sign that Kara will look good as she gets older. :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: