George Galloway is ready to ask ANYONE to help Palestine...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: George Galloway is ready to ask ANYONE to help Palestine... Reply with quote

Apparently this expose proves something or other...
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking bets that the "anonymous" source was not Anonymous, but a Mossad agent/asset.

So GG exchanged cordially with some less-than-savoury characters. It's not like he supplied them with arms and ammunition. That's the task of the "international community" (US + UK).
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking much the same Major. Specifically because just last week there was a an apparent apology sent to Haaretz from anonymous, for hacking their site, stating that the newspaper was 'good'. It stank of shite to me at the time.

Anyway, I found this story about the 'big revelation that George Galloway would ask anyone for help'. I left a few comments there yesterday. Today I checked and they'd been deleted. I didn't use any bad language, nor did I insult anyone.

I asked them the question 'what words would you have used if you were in George Galloway's shoes'. Apparently this is against the rules for them...

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Columnists/Article.aspx?id=257039#comment-433994049

I've still got the emails though, so here's exactly what was written.

------------

couchtripper - Galloway was asking for help from a Syrian government representative in order to facilitate bringing aid to people who've been imprisoned by the Israeli state. There's nothing wrong with that.How do you think he should have worded his messages? How would you word such messages if you ever became someone who worked to help victims of Israeli war crimes?

StanleyT - Exactly what are you tripping on?

couchtripper - So, you've got no logical answer and go directly into ad-hominem... What words would you, StanleyT, use if you were in Galloway's position of wanting to help the victims of Israeli war crimes and wanted the assistance of the Syrian government?

postspeedtest - So, you've given no evidence, but you go directly from making accusation to conviction (of war crimes). It is the accuser that bears the 'burden of proof.'
And before you give some specious claim, that there is plenty of evidence 'out there,' try to remember, even Goldstone withdrew support from his report - the most extensive ever made on the subject of so-called Israeli war crimes.

couchtripper - The fact that you don't believe the use of phosphorus on civilians to be a war crime doesn't change the fact that it is.What words would you use to garner support from the Syrian government if you accepted the obvious fact that Israel was treating the people of Gaza as prisoners and sub-human in every sense?

postspeedtest - Yes, when phosphorus is 'directed' (intended target) against civilians, it is a war crime; BUT when it is used as 'illumination' (and other legal uses) for valid military ops, it is not (it’s called a ‘mitigating’ factor). No credible evidence has ever been provided to substantiate its use as 'strictly' the former.

(I couldn't reply at that point because of screen formatting errors, but you can probably imagine I was about to be quite scathing of this idea that anyone but civilians could be targeted in such a densely populated area)

So, I wrote the question again - asking what words the respondents would use if they were in Galloway's shoes. And you should be able to see on the site what they said. Their utter inability to do so speaks volumes.
major.tom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely debated. thumbs

postspeedtest's comment about moving from accusation of conviction is gaffaw-worthy, given recent articles about a I.J. spokesman on hunger strike in protest of his treatment and being held in "Administrative Detention" (without trial, let alone conviction).

links: BBC, CTV (via AP)
major.tom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was saying...

Utter hypocrisy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: