Videobb.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Videobb.com Reply with quote

I found this site yesterday when looking for Simpsons episodes. If they're willing to allow content like that then it seems a pretty good choice for posting stuff that youtube would never allow. Their free accounts have a 2gb limit per file, with no obvious time contraints. And you get 1tb of space... files that haven't been accessed for 60 days are deleted though, so it's worth bearing in mind.

There are adverts shown in the player, but you can close them and when playing in full screen it's all clean.

www.videobb.com
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found the catch ...

i watched that edl doc you put up yesterday, and was watching a couple of simpsons today, and about half way through my second simpsons it said i'd used up my free time - you can either pay to continue watching - or wait an hour!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks.

So that's about 80 minutes all in? In future I'll stagger things so they're not likely to cause a delay (using different sites if I can find them)
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

72 minutes i think it was
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

72 minutes. The curse of 72 minutes!! Megavideo and at least 1 other site (name escapes me now) have the same 72 minute limit. They are probably all owned by the same company (or all trying to get around the same law).
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a site which is using the same software as videobb. From this, I'm guessing that a sequenced selection from one to the other should get round the time limit, but I've not tried it yet.

http://videozer.com
theperson45

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could be a way to "refresh" something on your side so that the time limit gets reset. I'm not sure if that's possible, but I remember it being possible for getting around the limits of some file-hosting services (after downloading this many files, you had to wait for a day to continue, unless you do some flushing of some network details).
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it can be done if your modem works on a dynamic IP, as you can reset it and you'll have a different IP, but mine works on a static address.

But with using the paid-account on ifile (3 euros a month) you can import files from a load of other download sites, which is very handy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: