Absolutely Fabulous

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Absolutely Fabulous Reply with quote

Sweetie! Darling! Absolutely Fabulous goes Stateside
11th March 2009

Based on appearances alone, there seems to be little lost in translation as the Absolutely Fabulous dames Patsy and Eddie go Stateside. Actresses Kristen Johnston – who plays Patsy – and Kathryn Hahn – as Eddie – were dressed in familiar costume for the remake of the British comedy. Patsy’s leopard print leggings and sky-high heels and Eddie’s flowing hippy scarves were very much in evidence during the LA shoot.

The raucous duo of Bollinger-swilling shopaholics shot to fame during the Nineties in the original guise of Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley. And now the tale of the two hard-drinkers has hopped across the pond thanks to Fox – more than a decade after comedian Roseanne Barr’s attempt failed to get off the ground. The show will be based in LA and will be overseen by Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz and Eric and Kim Tannenbaum, who are behind Two-And-A-Half-Men. Despite the move to America, it will continue to revolve around the friendship between the Eddie and Patsy and their quest to stay forever young and hip. In the U.K. the series ran between 1992 and 1995, with a finale in 2006. A further series was show in 2001 and 2003.

Kristen Johnson, who starred in 3rd Rock From The Sun bears more than a passing resemblance to the tall and leggy Patsy. And Kathryn Hahn, who most recently appeared in Revolutionary Road, will portray the neurotic Eddie. Jennifer Saunders, who originally played Eddie, is executive producer of the remake.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't see how this will work. To be fair, I generally don't like re-makes of shows but contrary to the article, I think much of the humour will be lost in translation. Hope I'm wrong.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in this case, I don't think they could do any worse. I've always hated absolutely fabulous and could never understand how anybody thought these two bitches were funny, but it seems to be a special niche. My sister Kate loves them. I just don't get them. I tried, and I just want to slap them or change the channel....lol! I can only hope they put it on some shit channel so I'll never come across it by accident... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

US scraps Ab Fab remake
Fox says 'no' after seeing pilot

Plans for an American remake of Absolutely Fabulous have been scrapped. The Fox network has decided not to order a series after making a pilot episode earlier this year.

Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz worked on the remake, casting Anchorman actress Kathryn Hahn and Third Rock From The Sun star Kristen Johnson as Edina and Patsy. Jennifer Saunders was credited as executive producer. However, BBC Worldwide has today confirmed that the network has chosen not to order a full series, according to trade magazine Broadcast.

This is the second time a US remake of the show has failed to get beyond a pilot, following the ill-fated ABC version starring Roseanne Barr and Carrie Fisher a decade ago.

------------

Thank fox for that.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Comedy News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: