any ex skateboarders? ( + ray barbee clips & documentary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: any ex skateboarders? ( + ray barbee clips & documentary Reply with quote

did anyone else used to skateboard? i did for years from when i was a young kid until i left school and got into the rave scene, we used to go all over the country skating - tony hawk signed my tee shirt once when they was on tour over here Smile back in the day we campaigned the council to build us a ramp, we all went to the meeting with our skateboards! we got a whole skatepark out of them though! me and a mate did actually go back to it about 10 years ago, he dropped in, shot off the ramp, ripped his jeans, and we went home wondering where all our skills had gone Laughing

even now when i see kids skating i think i should get another skateboard Laughing Embarassed they've got a great skatepark in a park near me ... its a lot different now though, the tricks are a lot more technical - they don't even do a lot of old tricks like we used to, no no complys!

a mate from school, he's still doing it - he's sponsored now and just goes around the world skating! he was always wicked though, when we was ollieing downstairs, he was going up them!

anyway, this is ray barbee - the best skater ever. to me. just so smooth, amazing style. they might look a bit dated now, but back then, ray barbee was the don. clips from '88 to '95

from public domain ( along with steve saiz, chet thomas & eric sanderson )

from propaganda

from ban this

from 411 pro files

7 min documentary

whilst looking for these clips i found out he's making some lovely music now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwITOe5_YTY and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYrp41ufbL8 , as smooth as his skating Smile
luke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went to the same school as this guy, my dad used to drop us off all over the place to go skating when he was working near a ramp or somewhere good to skate. i see him about 7 - 10 years ago, and thats all he's done - skate. never had a job. just goes around the world skating.

when the rest of us got into drugs and raves, he kept with it ... guess it paid off for him in the end Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: