George Galloway sues over NoTW ‘phone hacking’
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobweb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got better eyes than me Face...I could only spot one in the very front...and don't you love the way the women are shoved to the front as well to hide the fact they are outnumbered 4 to 1 by upper-middle class 30-60 white males?
luke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair 'tried' to hush up hacking scandal as whistleblower MP told: 'Rebekah Brooks will pursue you for the rest of your life'

• Tom Watson claims Rebekah Brooks was not only responsible for wrongdoing, but knew about it
• MP said in Commons that James Murdoch personally authorised money to be paid to silence hacking victims – an attempt to pervert the course of justice
• Fellow MP Chris Bryant, a phone-hack victim, brands newspaper company ‘gangsters’

Tony Blair urged Gordon Brown to persuade the Labour MP who led the campaign to expose News of the World phone-hacking to back off, friends of Mr Brown said last night.

Well-placed sources said Mr Blair, who has close links with the paper’s owner Rupert Murdoch, wanted Mr Brown to get his ally Tom Watson to lay off the News International (NI) title, but Mr Brown refused.

Mr Watson’s two-year crusade played a major part in Mr Murdoch’s shock decision to close the paper after today’s edition.

continued at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2013027/News-World-Blair-tried-hush-hacking-scandal-whistleblower-MP-told-Rebekah-Brooks-pursue-rest-life.html
cobweb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the last person out the door please turn off the lights and not let it hit them on the arse on the way out?

Good night, thanks for nothing and now fuck off!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"the world's greatest newspaper"

"very proud farewell"

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have a formidable flow of scorn bubbling up inside my head over those statements, but I think I'd rather keep that for something worth the effort...

fuck em
luke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coming soon on a sunday ...

piper99

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Steve Coogan & Greg Dyke Ripping NOTW Reply with quote

cobweb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebekah Brooks must know some serious shit
08-07-11
dailymash.co.uk

REBEKAH Brooks is clearly keeping the Murdochs out of jail, it has emerged. As James Murdoch closed the most successful newspaper in the western world rather than sack a devious harpie, experts said that harpie must have some weapons-grade shit up her sleeve. Professor Henry Brubaker, of the Institute for Studies, said: "Jesus fucking Christ, they must have killed a tramp."

The News of the World will be axed on Sunday, followed a day later by Brooks returning to work at a desk that is obviously filled with grisly secrets. And today Brooks' former protegé Andy Coulson will be arrested and charged with not wearing a disguise and following James and Rupert Murdoch when they went on one of their late night, East End killing sprees.

Martin Bishop, media analyst at Madeley-Finnegan, said: "No-one was calling for the paper to be closed, apart from the usual Twitter monkeys. If they had sacked Brooks and waved a batch of former executives off to prison, then slowly but surely things would have returned to normal, what with the British public being, you know, idiots. I reckon there's a refrigerated dungeon full of Brazilian kids and Rupert eats a fresh one every day."

Meanwhile accountants raised the possibility that the whole thing is just an elaborate tax dodge. Despite the Murdochs' effort to draw a line under calling their Sunday tabloid journalism the News of the World, tax experts caught the faint whiff of financial genius. Helen Archer, from Porter, Pinkney and Turner, said: "I would not be surprised if Rupert Murdoch invented phone hacking after discovering a loophole which allows you to save hundreds of millions of pounds if you shut down a newspaper based on outrage. And even though they pay fuck all tax anyway, a good accountant can always get you a refund."

But Professor Brubaker added: "Nah, I reckon it's got something to do with a grainy photo of some oiled teenage boys, forming a human pyramid."

--------------------

Hhhhmmmm?
luke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that guy in the steve coogan video, the ex notw/murdoch employee paul mcmullen, was on the bbc this morning still wearing the same suit - and he said he was still wearing it because the police had asked for him to come in, but he didn't think he'd done anything wrong so wasn't going to hand himself in - so he hasn't been home for 5 nights! i think he's just going from tv studio to tv studio avoiding the police!

regarding brooks must know some serious stuff, i've seen that elsewhere as well, but it also could be that they've kept her on to offer her up as a sacrifice later on - should they need to - to save mini murdoch

i read somewhere that ages back murdoch was looking into how to save money with the notw and go with a sunday sun, so maybe this was just a great opportunity to do that

News International phone hacking memos passed to police
2007 memos appear to show phone hacking more widespread than previously thought and that NoW paid police for information

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/10/news-international-phone-hacking-memos-police

'Brook, criminal enterprise, catastrophe': How Rebekah's clueless proofreaders failed to spot parting shot in NotW crossword
Host of sardonic phrases printed despite Brooks ‘sending in Sun men’
Clues included: ‘Mix in prison’, ‘string of recordings’ and ‘woman stares wildly at calamity’
Answers counted: ‘Deplored’, ‘stench’, ‘stir’, ‘disaster’ ‘menace’, ‘desist’, ‘racket’ and ‘tart’
Final edition printed as nine journalists and three police officers face arrest

Aware that News of the World staff might use their final edition to fire a parting shot at her, Rebekah Brooks is said to have instructed two senior executives to read the paper with a ‘fine toothcomb’.

According to sources, they received the simple instruction to ‘ensure there were no libels or any hidden mocking messages of the chief executive’ of News International.

However, while the news pages may have been sanitised of any subliminal messages, the proofreaders appear to have failed to spot some less subtle jibes in the crossword section.

Among the clues in the ‘Quicky’ puzzle were: ‘Brook’, ‘stink’, ‘catastrophe’, ‘digital protection’, ‘cease’, ‘lamented’, ‘servant’ and ‘prestige’.

The Cryptic Crossword was perhaps even more sardonic, with clues including: ‘Criminal enterprise, ‘mix in prison’, ‘string of recordings’, ‘will fear new security measure’.

Also among them was the hint ‘woman stares wildly at calamity’ – which may refer to the photograph of Mrs Brooks’s stony-faced departure from the News International HQ in Wapping, east London, on Thursday after staff were told the Rupert Murdoch-owned paper would be shut down.

Answers printed on page 47 counted: ‘Deplored’, ‘stench’, ‘stir’, ‘disaster’ ‘menace’, ‘desist’, ‘racket’ and ‘tart’.

Also there was ‘firewall’, which may have referred to the anger felt by NotW journalists after internet access was blocked by bosses for ‘operational reasons’.

A source at the paper told MailOnline: ‘Rebekah tried everything to stop the staff having the last word and she utterly failed.

‘She brought in two very senior Sun journalists to go though every line on every page with a fine toothcomb to ensure there were no libels or any hidden mocking messages of the chief executive.

‘But they they failed and we’ve had the last laugh.’

The apparent parting shot in print was made as editor Colin Myler led staff out to the pub after the NotW signed off after 168 years with the headline: 'Thank You & Goodbye'.

continued at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2013133/Rebekah-Brooks-News-World-staff-parting-shot-crossword.html

Laughing
cobweb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Luke,

I should have added the Daily Mash is a piss take website....but maybe not overly in this instance though killing tramps in probably beyond the Murdochs....probably.
luke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries, i got it was a piss take! thats why i said i seen the same thing ( brooks knowing stuff ) raised elsewhere
luke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Tomorrow's Mirror leads with claims that News of the World reporters hacked the phones of victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.'

be interesting to see where this story has come from ... but if its true ... Shocked maybe this is what brooks was on about when she said there was more to come
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by jingo - I wonder what Fox News will say about that? Being fair and balanced they would have an opinion surely?
cobweb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHRIST...maybe the daily mash weren't joking after all....look at this.

Just what would Brooks have to have done to be cut loose? Does she have some serious dirt on Murdoch? She's sticking in there like shite on a blanket.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG was on 5 Live tonight talking about the NOTW and Sky - I've added the (6 minute) segment to the archive page. Gaunt was in the studio as it played, and had some typically wankish comments to make after it, but I left them out.

If you want to hear the whole thing, it's HERE - starting at about 2h12 in.
cobweb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL - GG calls the Times "Fur coat wi' nae knickers" - Classic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: