Random documentaries
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Full shows (streaming)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Random documentaries Reply with quote

<if>-->
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks Face! I've seen him before in documentaries. He's one sick fucker!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
btaylo24
King of the PowderRoom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, always saw the golden gate bridge as such a lovely place.. Its like suicide alley..... Moving documentary and recommended viewing...
Bless em all..

Barry
nekokate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the Golden Gate one. Very moving. Although it's a bit weird how they've got all the actual footage of these suicides. Don't the fucking cameramen like call the cops or something and try and stop it happening???? The final piece of footage of the goth-type guy was insane.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving all these documentaries. Thank you all for contributing!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JWDread

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill me if you can.
I don't know Faceless, could be my age, all we used to do was listen to the Clash, drink cider, smoke dope and chase new romantics, oh and smash bus shelters up. All good fun.
"Democracy is no more then the warhorse that capitalism rides into battle"
words of dread.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

43'20 into the Tourettes doc - kablam! That woman's got some patience!

JW, I'm probably about the same age, but I still do almost all of those things now. Though chasing New Romantics is never much fun - they always trip over their haircuts.
luke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know tourettes isn't funny, but two bits in that documentary really had me laughing ... that bit where he's on a tourettes weekend taking part in a relaxation session 'picture in your mind a beautiful green field, think - whats the length of the grass that you're standing in, is it long grass' 'i'm upto my knees in fucking cowpat!' Laughing

and when the other guy also with tourettes is talking about him finding a girlfriend 'if he could meet somebody who could look beyond the tourettes symptoms, he would be able to find someone that he could get on with and settle down with ... another gay man!' Laughing

class Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laughed at exactly the same points - and that woman who was the benefits advisor had some trouble keeping a straight face a few times! haha
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John's Not Mad
This is the original documentary which first introduced the guy with Tourettes back in the 80s.

The Boy Can't Help It

luke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secrets Of The CIA

this is quite a good documentary and was actually shown on one of rupert murdochs channels and will probably be on the only time you'll see noam chomsky on sky! it covers the cia's overthrowing of governments in iran, indonesia, congo, chile and cambodia, the cia's fighting alongside the apartheid regime in angola, support for the murderous contras in nicaragua, the training, arming and support of the mujahideen in afghanistan, the mk ultra program, the bay of pigs, the killing of che, taking part in the heroin trade in laos, the phoenix project of assassinations in vietnam, the failure of the cia in relation to 9/11 and bin laden / al qaeda, iraq and the imaginary wmd and the 'lying, cheating and deceiving of the american people for the benefit of the american president' ( former cia analyst )
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panorama - Undercover - Hate on the Doorstep

In this documentary two Asian journalists move into a housing estate in Bristol to observe the level of racism.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a good short documentary. It just bolsters my view that when you get poor ignorant people together they do shit like this to people who are different. This goes for skin color and/or religious garments. I know from my own experience this goes for poor white and poor black neighborhoods. It's gone on since I have been a kid and before my time, and I think it will always go on in the future. You just can't educate ignorant people. You can some, but you'll never get them all to see that their actions are so blatantly wrong. I'd like to see them suffer the consequences such as swift punishment harsher jail sentences for these types of crimes. Also, I'd like to see store owners have a gun to protect themselves like they do here. It would give those punks something to think about next time they think they will punch a minority store clerk for shits and giggles. They can guess whether this one has a gun or not and see what their chances are. Well, if anything, maybe this documentary will straighten out the little ones and give them something to think about.
luke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a great documentary,

Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies

Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies is a 1997 book by Jared Diamond, professor of geography and physiology at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). In 1998 it won a Pulitzer Prize and the Aventis Prize for Best Science Book. A documentary based on the book and produced by the National Geographic Society was broadcast on PBS in July 2005.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns,_Germs,_and_Steel

Part 1 of 3

Jared Diamond’s journey of discovery began on the island of Papua New Guinea. There, in 1974, a local named Yali asked Diamond a deceptively simple question: “Why is it that you white people developed so much cargo, but we black people had little cargo of our own?”

Part 2 of 3

On November 15th 1532, 168 Spanish conquistadors arrive in the holy city of Cajamarca, at the heart of the Inca Empire, in Peru. They are exhausted, outnumbered and terrified – ahead of them are camped 80,000 Inca troops and the entourage of the Emperor himself. Yet, within just 24 hours, more than 7,000 Inca warriors lie slaughtered; the Emperor languishes in chains; and the victorious Europeans begin a reign of colonial terror which will sweep through the entire American continent.

Part 3 of 3

So far, Jared Diamond has demonstrated how geography favoured one group of people – Europeans – endowing them with agents of conquest ahead of their rivals around the world. Guns, germs and steel allowed Europeans to colonize vast tracts of the globe – but what happened when this all-conquering package arrived in Africa, the birthplace of humanity?

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Encounters At The End Of The World

This is by Werner Herzog, who also made the film about Timothy Treadwell (The Man Who Lived With Bears), and features some powerful imagery and strange situations - the penguin who walks away for example...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Full shows (streaming) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: