Coronation Street ale set for release

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Coronation Street ale set for release Reply with quote

Coronation Street ale rollout
Robyn Lewis
07/05/2009

Manchester brewer JW Lees is set to launch its Coronation Street Ale in bottles from 1 June this year. The company signed a five-year deal with ITV to produce a bitter to tie in with the 50th anniversary of the soap in 2010, launching the draught version across its pub estate last month.

The draught version is now being rolled out across the brewer’s 400 freetrade accounts before the planned national rollout, and the bottle launch will see the brew made available across all regions of the UK. It is hoped the Coronation Street association and bottle format will make the ale more appealing to younger audiences, tempting them into the cask-ale category.

“Coronation Street Ale is a big opportunity, not just for us, but for the whole category,” marketing manager Emma Cartlidge said. “We’ve ensured the ale has an accessible taste and believe the range of formats will make it even more appealing, not just to beer drinkers unfamiliar with JW Lees beers, but also consumers who don’t normally drink cask ale.”

------------------

Full-bodied and full of twists and turns? Does that mean it leaves you with a bad hangover or a manageable one?
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh, I wonder if any of our English pubs here will try and import it. I'd love to give it a try.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed the weird shape of the glass in the ad - I'm guessing that's to do with pouring 'the perfect pint', or maybe it helps in keeping the head as you drink it? Whatever it is, I reckon the bearded Real Ale people are shocked and perplexed by such modern thinking...

There's a bar near here that always has 'guest ales' so I'll look in there and see if it's available. I'll wear a balaclava... haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: