Neturei Karta
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Neturei Karta Reply with quote

a caller on georges show mentioned a jewish group called neturei karta earlier, they are always on the marches in london, the one against israeli attacking lebanon, against the israeli occupation of palestine, the iraq and no trident one, always wearing the traditional gear - apparently, for some reason i've forgotten, they walk there as well!

i watched an interesting video about them the other day, thought some might be interested

Quote:
Rabbis Chaim Tzvi Freimann & Hillel Deutsch - Memeber of Neturei Karta.

Neturei Karta opposed the establishment of and retain all opposition to the existence of the so-called "State of Israel"! Neturei-Karta is the Aramaic term for "Guardians of the City. The name Neturei-Karta originates from an incident in which R. Yehudah Ha-Nassi (Rabbi Judah the Prince) sent R. Hiyya and R. Ashi on a pastoral tour of inspection. In one town they asked to see the "guardians of the city" and the city guard was paraded before them.They said that these were not the guardians of the city but its destroyers, which prompted the citizens to ask who, then, could be considered the guardians. The rabbis answered, "The
scribes and the scholars," referring them to Tehillim (Psalms) Chap. 127. (Jerusalem Talmud, Tractate Hagiga. 76c).

The name was given to a group of Orthodox Jews in Jerusalem who refused (and still refuse) to recognize the existence or authority of the so-called "State of Israel" and made (and still make) a point of publicly demonstrating their position, the position of the Torah and authentic unadulterated Judaism........ The true Jews remain faithful to Jewish belief and are not contaminated with Zionism. The true Jews are against dispossessing the Arabs of their land and homes. According to the Torah, the land should be returned to them.

Neturei Karta deplore the systematic uprooting of ancient Jewish communities by the Zionists, the shedding of Jewish and non-Jewish blood for the sake of Zionist sovereignty and the Neturei Karta favor a peaceful transition from the present Zionist rule to a non-Zionist entity. According to Judaic Law the Torah has the last word. There is no such thing as a majority of Jews who happen to be Jewish by birth who can alter Torah Law in any way. In fact even the greatest rabbi or as Maimonides writes, "even the greatest prophet" [referring actually to an authentic prophet], has no right to distort or amend even one letter of the Torah.

Rabbi Blau stated shortly before his death that the acceptance by the United Nations of the Zionist state as a member state constituted a grave injustice to the Jewish people. Neturei Karta hope that this great error will be corrected at the earliest opportunity. The Neturei Karta regret that the Zionist state has usurped the holy name of Israel and that the Zionists so often pretend to speak in the name of the Jewish people and assume the right to act on our behalf. Only those rabbis who have not been affected or influenced by the poison of Zionism, can be considered the spiritual leaders of today's Jewry. The world must know that the Zionists have illegitimately seized the name Israel and have no right to speak in the name of the Jewish people!
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Neturei Karta Reply with quote

luke wrote:
a caller on georges show mentioned a jewish group called neturei karta earlier, they are always on the marches in london, the one against israeli attacking lebanon, against the israeli occupation of palestine, the iraq and no trident one, always wearing the traditional gear - apparently, for some reason i've forgotten, they walk there as well!

Excellent vid, Luke. I think it's because, religiously, they're not allowed to drive a car on Saturday, which is both the Jewish Sabbath and the day of the week most marches seem to fall on!
luke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks kate, i don't much about judaism really - although skylace cleared up kosher for me Smile

there was one protest i was on and they couldn't speak either! they came on stage, waved there signs and left Laughing i think that was the lebanon one, fair play to them though Smile
DavidGig

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sect gets a very tough time from most Jews--

nekokate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidGig wrote:
The sect gets a very tough time from most Jews

Most? Nah.
luke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that bald guy is crazy! crazed

i like your new signature text kate Smile
DavidGig

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Kate. I didn't mean to imply that they're all as violent as that New Yorker.
luke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Neturei Karta: IDF conducting ethnic cleansing in Gaza

Anti-Zionist Orthodox faction denounces military operations in Strip as 'ferocious, bloodthirsty acts of ethnic cleansing', say they fail to understand why world powers 'allow Zionists to commit such crimes against Palestinians'
Neta Sela

The anti-Zionist Orthodox faction Neturei Karta denounced Thursday IDF operations in Gaza as "ethnic cleansing."

Established in 1935, Neturei Karta is an Orthodox Jewish group that rejects Zionism and calls for the peaceful dismantling of Israel, citing Jews are forbidden from having their own state until the coming of the Messiah.

"We are appalled by the terrorist massacre performed by the Zionists in Gaza. This ferocious act is just one in a long line of oppressive acts of ethnic cleansing performed against the Palestinian people since 1948 by the evil Zionist movement," said their statement.

The statement was issued on Wednesday, following the IDF operation in Gaza, in which 20 Palestinians were killed.

The official statement also carried a paragraph directed at hard-line Hamas leader Mahmoud al-Zahar, whose son was killed in the attack, saying the group condemns the "Zionist brutality."

"The anti-Zionist Jews denounce the violent, bloodthirsty actions made in the name of the Jewish people and the Jewish religion," said the statement.

"We fail to understand why the world powers allow the Zionists to commit such crimes against the Palestinian people, by using F-16 warplanes, battleships and tanks.

"When will the world finally control the Zionists and give the Palestinians in historic Palestine their rights back? When will the world powers stop the Zionists from committing crimes which will lead to world war III?"

The statement ends with Neturei Karta saying Zionism is "cursed" and that "The holy land will return to the Palestinians. It is just a question of when."

from http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/ArticleLayout/CdaArticlePrintPreview/1,2506,L-3495573,00.html
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's quite a powerful statement, but it will probably be rubbished as being the ramblings of some strange sect... even though they sound like the absolute epitomy of what being Jewish should be.
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Luke ..
mickyv

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"citing Jews are forbidden from having their own state until the coming of the Messiah"

&

"When will the world powers stop the Zionists from committing crimes which will lead to world war III?"

Does this mean that they don't want to see the return of the Messiah ? That is of course, if they also hold the widely held concept of Armageddon following WW III, as WW III would surely herald the imminent return of the Messiah ?

(I've probably missed a part of what they believe in.)
luke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know enough about judaism to answer, maybe others do ... is the whole armageddon thing part of judaism? i've read a bit on gog and magog which kinda sounds like armageddon! to be fair though i don't know a great deal about the christian version, i've never read the bible - i've been meaning to, not because i'm religious, i'm just interested

edit - just found this on google

Quote:
Do Jews believe in Armageddon?

In chapter thirty-eight of the Book of Ezekiel (read as a Haftarah on
the Intermediate Sabbath of Sukkot), there is a prophecy of messianic
days called the “War of God and Magog,” which bears a similarity
to the Armageddon of the New Testament. Ezekiel foretells that the
restoration of Israel to the land of his fathers will not pass unchal-
lenged. Formidable armies from the extreme north, under the leader-
ship of Gog, will invade Israel, but the invasion will end in the utter
destruction of Gog and his confederate forces. The identity of Gog is
obscure, and he is probably to be understood as an apocalyptic figure,
personifying the forces hostile to Israel, rather than as a particular per-
son. Magog in Ezekiel is the country of Gog, but in rabbinic literature
Magog becomes his inseparable partner, and the war of God and Ma-
gog appears to be the great Armageddon that will immediately pre-
cede the messianic age. Note that the words Gog and Magog are
similar in sound to Armageddon. An old tradition to the effect that this
final war would be waged during the festival of Sukkot determined the
choice of this passage as the Haftarah for the Intermediate Sabbath of
Sukkot.

Armageddon is not mentioned prior to the New Testament, but
it is believed by some to be a corrupt spelling of Megiddo, a city men-
tioned many times in the Tanach, the Jewish Bible. The Book of Rev-
elation in the New Testament refers to Armageddon as the site of the
final and conclusive battle between good and evil, involving “the kings
of the earth and the whole world,” on the “great day of God Almighty.”
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI :

Urgent Press Release of Neturei Karta Palestine's opinion on "Chief Rabbi Metzger"'s statement asserting that the Palestinans from Gaza be removed from their homes.
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/Opiniononstatement.pdf
luke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
STATEMENT FROM ANTI-ZIONIST ORTHODOX JEWS IN ZIONIST-OCCUPIED PALESTINE

We Orthodox Jews cry out to the world to stop the wild beast of the Zionist State from destroying the Palestinian People!

We Orthodox Jews condemn the murderous terrorism and gangsterism of the Zionist murder machine!

For sixty years the Zionist butchers have been expelling, occupying, ghettoizing, terrorizing and killing Palestinians who simply want their rights restored in their homeland of historic Palestine!

How long will the World Powers stand silent at Zionist terrorism and barbarism? Will the world wait until millions of Palestinians are finally starved to death to mourn the extinction of the Palestinian People, G-d forbid?

We also condemn the current onslaught of the Zionist military machine in its wicked and cannibalistic campaign on the suffering and innocent occupied people of Gaza in violation of all international concepts of law, justice and peace!

We call on all peace-loving nations to take every measure to stop the madness unleashed by the Zionists and to restore the rights of the Palestinians, thereby ending all suffering and bloodshed of all people in historic Palestine!

The Zionist terrorist machine and its regime in occupied Jerusalem do not represent the Jewish People and religion. They may call themselves Jews, but they are not following the Jewish religion. They are barbarians and butchers! They defile and desecrate the holiness of our religion, of our Torah!

We pray for the rapid restoration of the rights of the Palestinians throughout historic Palestine, and for the establishment of a free Palestine throughout historic Palestine, and for the Zionist regime to be dismantled and expelled from the entire Holy Land.

We offer our deepest condolences and sympathy to the entire Palestinian People who must constantly face the effects of Zionist terrorism, and specifically to the families of all those who have been wounded and killed due to the Zionist war machine, may it soon be obliterated.

May we all see the revelation of G-d in the entire world and serve him in truth and peace. Amen. INSHALLAH!

Neturei Karta
Jerusalem, Palestine
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never liked hardcore religious people that much, but these people are great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: