George Monbiot's scathing attack on Hazel Blears

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: George Monbiot's scathing attack on Hazel Blears Reply with quote

lovely stuff. thumbs
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You create an impenetrable political monoculture, then moan that people don't engage in politics."

yup ...
luke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blunkett didn't think much of monbiots article ...

There was a time when this newspaper stood out against the deeply personalised, offensive and ill-informed journalism which was ascribed to tabloid publications.

George Monbiot's scurrilous, unjustified and pathetically spiteful diatribe against Hazel Blears is the kind of lowest form of journalism that is dragging this country into the gutter. What has happened to the standards of journalism, the informed and researched commentary, on which the Guardian once proudly built its name?

David Blunkett MP
Lab, Sheffield, Brightside

notice how he didn't address any of the points raised?! Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After hearing GG's show tonight...
luke

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btaylo24
King of the PowderRoom

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My god she actually looks old now.... Wow

BArry
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd not heard of this story until now. I wonder if Blears considers this man's death as being her responsibility in any way?
vudu2u2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..the abhorrant hazel just loves to buck the justice system, why has anyone ever voted for her, what good did she ever do for anyone/thing...get rid of the evil little minx before she kills again..better yet lock the nasty succubus up.
luke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't say i've ever liked hazel blears .... as for why people have voted for her, her constituency is quite a labour area, so people aren't necessarily voting for her but the party
luke

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Angry voters' attack Hazel Blears' car while she tours her constituency

Expenses scandal-hit former minister Hazel Blears' car has been attacked by while she was knocking doors to canvas for local support in her constituency.

The Salford MP, whose claims are being investigated, had all four tyres slashed and the front window smashed on her Citroen Xsara Picasso.

One witness said: ‘This is the people of Salford telling her that they don't accept what she has done.'

Damage: Hazel Blears' car with tyres slashed and window smashed, below

But the MP for the Manchester district insisted she was not targeted by disgruntled voters – but rather ‘teenagers with nothing to do’.

Miss Blears, who was later filmed speaking on her phone in the back of the damaged vehicle, reported the attack after it occurred yesterday afternoon.

She eventually got a lift home with a friend while her husband Michael waited for the RAC to tow her car away.

Constituent Norman Eaton, 51, who spotted the MP in her car after the attack, said: ‘This is the people of Salford telling her that they don't accept what she has done.

Shocked: Miss Blears on the phone in the back of the car after the attack

‘She was with a couple of minders and her husband. Lots of people saw them and people know it's her car.

‘They came back and the front window was damaged and the tyres had been slashed.

‘They tried to drive off, but they were going nowhere. Next thing, police vans turned up.’

Miss Blears resigned the post of Communities Secretary in June after coming under fire for avoiding a tax bill of more than £13,000 on the sale of a flat in London.

She later repaid the money.

But her job as Salford MP is still far from safe despite narrowly avoiding an attempt to force her to step down in a showdown with her local party.

Miss Blears last night blamed the incident on 'teenagers with nothing to do on a hot afternoon'.

She said: ‘This is just the actions of a tiny minority.’

When asked if she thought the attack was part of a vendetta against her, she said: ‘I don't think so. It's a bit pathetic.’

from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1205490/BREAKING-NEWS-Hazel-Blears-car-attacked-canvassing-constituency.html?ITO=1490
reject

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw: do you notice the car is parked illegally on double yellow lines...

one law for....
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applaud the minority ...

‘teenagers with nothing to do’.

even if true, just who's fucking fault is that .. brainless bint
Sera_6969

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't watch all of Monbiots interview with this harridan. As soon as she said "What i'm saying to you is..." I zoned out. It seems to be a stock phrase in political interviews when the interviewer is cutting too close to the bone.

No! You're MY representative. Listen to what I'M saying...

Think this could become my sig:
"You create an impenetrable political monoculture, then moan that people don't engage in politics."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: