Stop The War Coalition live feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Stop The War Coalition live feed Reply with quote

I just got the latest newsletter from Stop The War and it tells of a meeting next Monday. "The panel includes TONY BENN, The Guardian's JONATHAN STEELE, ex-Guantanomo prisoner MOAZZAM BEGG, Stop the War's convenor LINDSEY GERMAN, and award winning filmaker NICK
BROOMFIELD."

They've got a live feed system setup for this and other events. You can see it here:

www.mogulus.com/stopthewarcoalition
seshme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the current policy of the 'Stop the War' people is it just a straight out tomorrow even if it leads to Indian partition type bloodshed or is it a staged thing?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you suggesting that there isn't already massive bloodshed there now?

That bloodshed is exactly what the invaders wanted and want. A population is much easier to control if most of it is displaced or dead.
seshme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all a given I have been against this from the start I was just wondering about the practicalities. At the site you linked there is a women ranting on about how great Obama was but I thought he was going to do a staged withdrawal.

I haven't heard a straight answer on this from anyone recently including Tony Benn- is the plan just withdraw immediately?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've had 5 years to do a staged withdrawal. I can't see how anything that might happen in Iraq if the US just withdrew tomorrow would make the situation any worse. They should get out now. And the same goes for Afghanistan. British troops are merely symbolic in Iraq of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: