Which Broadband Provider?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ewloe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Which Broadband Provider? Reply with quote

HI I am currenlty looking into changing my isp and was wondering what users hear thought of their isp's.

I am currently with F2S and paying ?24.99/month for 2meg uncapped, I want at least the same from my new isp and the cheapest I have found is tiscali at ?14.99/month. any body used these or know of any cheaper or around the same price with better terms?

thanks for any feedback
Bob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

?...so take it your in the UK then?

Can't help there....
ewloe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
?...so take it your in the UK then?

Can't help there....

NOt unless you can relocate me to the usa Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee just signed up to a company that's offering a good deal on an 8mb line, but I can't remember for the life of me what it's called...
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a new offer here in the US for optimum online called optimum boost where it will give 30mb down and 2mb up. I think I'll sign up for it and see if it helps my upload speed. This is ridiculous to say the least! If it doesn't help, I'll just go back to paying the normal price for being shafted.... Smile Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LisaMac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
There's a new offer here in the US for optimum online called optimum boost where it will give 30mb down and 2mb up. I think I'll sign up for it and see if it helps my upload speed. This is ridiculous to say the least! If it doesn't help, I'll just go back to paying the normal price for being shafted.... Smile Smile

Check out this site before you switch...It lets you read reviews from users in your own area based on thier experience and about the service.

www.dslreports.com or otherwise known as www.broadbandreports.com

Optimum had mixed reviews but it also may depend on your area.

Hope it helps.
ewloe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LisaMac wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:

Check out this site before you switch...It lets you read reviews from users in your own area based on thier experience and about the service.

Hope it helps.

no use to me i live in wales uk
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try pipex Ewloe.

www.broadband.gb.net/pipex.php?link=pipex

they have a few packages and they are a reliable company by all accounts.
LisaMac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewloe wrote:
LisaMac wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:

Hope it helps.

Sorry ewloe, I meant it for pirtybirdy.....
ewloe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LisaMac wrote:
ewloe wrote:
LisaMac wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:

Hope it helps.

Sorry ewloe, I meant it for pirtybirdy.....

I know I realised after replying sorry if I sounded a bit rude :doh:
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LisaMac wrote:
pirtybirdy wrote:

Hope it helps.

Thanks Lisa. I've learned that Optonline has been throttling all their customers who use bit torrent and the runaround people get with the techs with their bullcrap excuses are the same I got. It's nice to know I'm not alone. Perhaps if I go to Verizon DSL the up speeds will be better than what I'm getting with Cable. I don't need the file right away, I would just like to upload at a decent speed. Let's see what this boost thing does, if anything.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ewloe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Try pipex Ewloe.

www.broadband.gb.net/pipex.php?link=pipex

they have a few packages and they are a reliable company by all accounts.

Thanks face I have checked them out but i don't like the prices, may as well stay with f2s which is part of the same company anyway?

thats 11 posts by me now for those of you who are counting. how many more before I am considered part of the community?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewloe wrote:
thats 11 posts by me now for those of you who are counting. how many more before I am considered part of the community?

If it was down to numbers alone then it wouldn't be a decent community - it would be a plutocracy.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewloe wrote:

Ah so a snide remark I suppose trying to wind me up for the PM I sent you?

Sure enough then I'll take the bait. Here are the facts!

Your joke I deleted in the shoutbox was ridiculous and demeaing to women and that's all I'll say about that.

The REAL fact of the matter I was getting to is this:

If you've the time to take files that people spend their precious time capping then you should have the common decency to post once in a while and it's not like this is a brand new revelation here? "IF" you didn't go directly to the tracker and IGNORE the forum, you might have copped onto that by now? You've time to post in the shoutbox a few times a day so why don't you have time to post once in a while?
ewloe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
ewloe wrote:

Ah so a snide remark I suppose trying to wind me up for the PM I sent you?

Sure enough then I'll take the bait. Here are the facts!

Your joke I deleted in the shoutbox was ridiculous and demeaing to women and that's all I'll say about that.

The REAL fact of the matter I was getting to is this:

If you've the time to take files that people spend their precious time capping then you should have the common decency to post once in a while and it's not like this is a brand new revelation here? "IF" you didn't go directly to the tracker and IGNORE the forum, you might have copped onto that by now? You've time to post in the shoutbox a few times a day so why don't you have time to post once in a while?

I have never ignored the forum and I always say thanks for anything I have downloaded, I have also uploaded and I don't know if the same rule is in effect now but when I joined you could not access the tracker until your were an active member of the forums. so summing it up Faceless considered me to be active here and he's the boss.

your pm was about the joke if it was not for the joke you would not have even mentioned my activity there is lots of users with less activity than me.

I know this i snot the place to have this discussion but you publicly anouced it here thats why I am publicly replying here.

I am now drawing a ___________________________

and as far as I am concerned its over
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: