invent a flavour of crisps
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: invent a flavour of crisps Reply with quote

http://www.walkers.co.uk/flavours/default.html?ver=high

Walkers have a competition running to make a new flavour of crisps - I don't often enter competitions but I like crisps and I like Reggae Reggae Sauce, so the magic was instant.

the £50000 prize has nothing to do with it... this is about the culinary arts!
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I entered ....... will show you the pic i sent when i post the recipe tomorrow Smile

as its what i cooked today Very Happy
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping you win Smile
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
i just received this email.........

Thanks for entering the Walkers Do us a Flavour competition.

There's just one problem the flavour you have submitted (6MDXM) contains inappropriate language/image, which means we can't use it.

But it's easy to sort out. All you need to do is check your entry, remove anything that could be deemed inappropriate or offensive and then re-submit. Simple!

i submitted Jerk chicken !!!!!! and this picture ......which was cleaned up no table in the back ?????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Very Happy
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, here's what I got:

"There's just one snag - the flavour you have submitted (6M4M4) contains a brand name in the flavour suggestion, which means we can't use it.

But don't worry, you probably only have to make a small change to your entry to make it acceptable. Just remove the brand name and you should be all right so if it was, say, Heinz Baked Beans & Sausages', remove Heinz' to leave Baked Beans & Sausages' and then you can re-submit. "

Of course it has a brand name - that's the freaking point! Obviously the person replying hasn't got a clue about marketing, but is simply going by a set of rules - and stupid rules if the excuse they gave you is anything to go by Aja! Bloody robots!

Maybe I'll change mine from Reggae Reggae Sauce flavour to 'simulated spicy west Indian style barbeque sauce flavour' - that's nice and catchy... haha

btw - that chicken looks bloody delicious!! mmmmm
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two pints of Lager and a packet of simulated spicy west Indian style barbeque sauce flavour crisps please ....... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tossers ....... But Ill try again ......Very Happy for 50 grand Shocked

And i will post that recipe over the weekend ......I think I have it downpat now shhh
luke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britain nuts over squirrel flavour crisps
Chilli and chocolate, crispy duck with hoisin sauce and Cajun squirrel are among a tastebud-testing new range of crisp flavours launched in Britain on Friday.

The flavours, chosen by the public and developed with the help of top chief Heston Blumethal, also include fish and chips, builder's breakfast and onion bhaji.

"The complexities of flavour fascinate me and to watch the British public get so excited about taste has been absolutely inspiring," said Blumenthal, chef of the Michelin three-starred Fat Duck restaurant.

"We've had an incredible response and sifting through the entries has been quite incredible. I can't wait to see which one the public choose as their winner!" he said.

The six flavours were chosen from more than a million suggestions sent in to crisp makers Walkers after they launched their "Do Us A Flavour" campaign last year to find out the British public's snack tastes.

They will be sold until May, after which there will be a vote to decide which flavour stays on sale permanently. The creator of the winner will get 50,000 pounds (77,000 dollars, 56,000 euros) plus one percent of future sales.

Of the six finalists, only one was proposed by a man: Cajun squirrel is the brainchild of Martyn Wright, 26, who said he was inspired to enter when he saw squirrel on a restaurant menu.

"This gentle Cajun flavouring will be delicious for the public and although the idea might sound bizarre, it really works," he said, while underlining that no squirrels were harmed in making the crisps.

---

crispy duck and hoisin sauce sounds good! i'm not sure what squirrel tastes like but cajun spices are tasty ...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guarantee that Reggae Reggae sauce flavour would have been a bigger seller. I'm not bitter, I just feel sad for future generations that they've been denied this opportunity!
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I guarantee that Reggae Reggae sauce flavour would have been a bigger seller. I'm not bitter, I just feel sad for future generations that they've been denied this opportunity!

sorry mate they will miss my jerk chicken more Smile plus what the hell are those supposedly winning flavors about ffs !!!!!
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Aja, that was a great laugh - I replied on there...

haha
luke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've still not even seen any of the new flavors in the shops Sad
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the Cajun Squirrel is out in Wales since I saw them at the Global Game Jam footage there.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
i've still not even seen any of the new flavors in the shops Sad

I looked at my local British shop here and no luck either, luke.
luke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i finally got two packs today, cajun squirrel and hoisin duck Smile i've only tried the squirrel and they're ok ... a bit salty and lacking in any real kick from the cajun spices, but they're not unpleasant. 75p a 46g pack though! i pay less than that for 150g packs of these really nice chilli and red pepper crisps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: