Asking for Opinions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Asking for Opinions Reply with quote

I posted this on Liveleak.com just the other day.....I was wondering what you all thought of it...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=da5_1216495858

Thoughts?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it's crass, idiotic, bigoted and hack.

To expand on that - the jokes are piss-poor, having the sparkling with that you'd hear at any open-mic comedy night in downtown hicksville on a slow Tuesday night, the animation is adequate, reminding me of the earliest animations I saw using flash around 8-9 years ago, and the voices are lame, with all the feeling and depth of candy-floss.

You can watch it in its 'full quality' on the site it is from:

http://www.zipperfish.com/free/yaafm12.swf
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it too on Zipperfish. And I would have posted that....but I didnt know how to get it off that website. lol

But Faceless, what about the whole point of the video? Did you think it was right that thousands of people did what they did over a cartoon?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole point of the video as I saw it was to perpetuate division and ignorance. They even used a picture of a Sikh/Hindu to represent an Islamic cleric! If they want their point to be taken seriously then they need to be more aware of global issues that surrounds it, but they're obviously not.

However, as far as the protests surrounding the cartoons is concerned - the publishers knew that it would be taken as offensive and still chose to do it, so whatever happened as a result was directly down to their arrogance.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
The whole point of the video as I saw it was to perpetuate division and ignorance. They even used a picture of a Sikh/Hindu to represent an Islamic cleric! If they want their point to be taken seriously then they need to be more aware of global issues that surrounds it, but they're obviously not.

However, as far as the protests surrounding the cartoons is concerned - the publishers knew that it would be taken as offensive and still chose to do it, so whatever happened as a result was directly down to their arrogance.

So cannot you not agree that the Muslims blew they whole cartoon thing out of proportion?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, because if the Muslims did then there'd have been over 1 billion people on the streets of the world rather than just a few thousand.

The cartoons were published with the knowledge that they would be taken as offensive, that's the point that should be focussed on.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom to deliberately offend with no end result other than animosity.
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this when it first came out. Whoever makes this cartoon animation is so poorly informed it doesn't really require much comment.

How would you react if someone said "Those stupid Christians should stick their dreidels up their ass"?

Not even worth it, is it?
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
I saw this when it first came out. Whoever makes this cartoon animation is so poorly informed it doesn't really require much comment.

How would you react if someone said "Those stupid Christians should stick their dreidels up their ass"?

If it does not apply, let it fly.

And if Christians got out of wack over a cartoon, then I would be just as critical.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the Christians who threatened to kill over The Jerry Springer Musical?

Also, what is your opinion of the video you posted?
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:

And another thing....I post all kinds of things to LiveLeak. There are things I do not agree with. There are things I do agree with. There are things that are funny. There are things that are just out-right wrong. And there are things that are right.

To judge me on one video is a mistake. Especially when a majority of things I post are George Galloway videos and Scientology stuff. I did not mean to make waves and I am sorry you feel the way you do. I am sorry.
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ItzMeRon wrote:

And if Christians got out of wack over a cartoon, then I would be just as critical.

And another thing....I post all kinds of things to LiveLeak. There are things I do not agree with. There are things I do agree with. There are things that are funny. There are things that are just out-right wrong. And there are things that are right.

To judge me on one video is a mistake. Especially when a majority of things I post are George Galloway videos and Scientology stuff. I did not mean to make waves and I am sorry you feel the way you do. I am sorry.

What are you on about? When did I ever judge you? I gave my opinion on the video you posted, which is what you asked for.

I don't know what you mean by "If it doesn't apply, let it fly", either.

Your point about if Christians got "out of whack" you'd criticise them, too, is a little misleading if by that you mean to infer that "the Muslims" got out of whack over a cartoon. The fact is that some Muslims went nuts. Most Muslims - who, almost by definition are bound to be deeply religious - found the cartoons to be in extremely poor taste and disapproved of them, but most Muslims didn't fire-bomb embassies. To use the actions of a relatively minute proportion of the world's Muslims as a stick to beat and defame all the world's Muslims (an entire and hugely diverse religion) is a singularly moronic attitude.

I don't think you'll find many Muslims out there who think the cartoons were hilarious, in fact I'm pretty certain that the overwhelming majority will disapprove strongly, but the footage that is shown over and over is totally unrepresentative of the global attitude of Islam in this matter.

The people who threw Molotov cocktails at Danish embassies in whatever countries the demonstrations happened in (Sudan? Saudi? Iraq?) are morons. Simple as that. But to defame an entire religion based on its kooks... Well, I'm starting to repeat myself.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
How about the Christians who threatened to kill over The Jerry Springer Musical?

Also, what is your opinion of the video you posted?

lol....Of course the Christians who threaten to kill over "The Jerry Springer Musical" are fucking morons.

The reason why I ever posted that cartoon on LiveLeak is to share, if anything.

When I first watched it, I laughed my ass off. As did I with other videos on YAAFM. Lets remember it is something made meant to be funny, but there is serious meaning in what is being talked about on the show which is ironic from it's creation being a cartoon.

Cartoon or not, this video surrounded the topic of the Muslim protests that were going on over a cartoon depicting Mohammad. Violence happened, crime spread, death occurred, things burned, and the world was in some kind of uproar over depicting some controversial figure that is not a Profet to everyone anyway.....In a Cartoon. When I first heard of this story, I couldn't believe it. People were actually rioting over a cartoon?! I knew people were stupid, but now standards for knowing stupid have dropped even lower, it felt.

I do think it was stupid to riot over a Cartoon. And I do think it was stupid for America to ignore our own concept of Freedom of Speech at whatever expense. The people who are upset over this cartoon easily forget, in their anger, it is just as good to let The Smart speak out as it is to let The Stupid speak out because then we are better keen to know who is intelligent and who is a retard. There is no need to riot over a cartoon, especially one that talks about religion. Artists are free to create and I value that concept much more than any concept which would hinder it.

I do not agree with, when he says "As my daddy use to say...Keep crying and I will give you something to cry about." I took that as funny.

I think the message was kinda harsh and there are other small hairs I do not agree with. However, when I read up on this story and finding all the facts to the issue, I can remember sitting on my computer and thinking, "God people are so fucking stupid!" I have a very hard time making it a Muslim thing, even though this video does and it is always in your face as a Muslim thing. My brain, for some reason, calculates the outstanding idiocy of problem to the terms of humanity and what dangerous things can happen when religion is leading the way.

The day I found that video, I posted it. I had not seen it before.

By the way, I am not one to take what I say as the whole hearted truth. I know I could be wrong and I do not know everything. But I will always tell the truth of what I know and believe. I feel like I cannot defend the truth better than it defends itself.
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are you, Ron?
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
ItzMeRon wrote:

What are you on about? When did I ever judge you? I gave my opinion on the video you posted, which is what you asked for.

I don't know what you mean by "If it doesn't apply, let it fly", either.

Your point about if Christians got "out of whack" you'd criticise them, too, is a little misleading if by that you mean to infer that "the Muslims" got out of whack over a cartoon. The fact is that some Muslims went nuts. Most Muslims - who, almost by definition are bound to be deeply religious - found the cartoons to be in extremely poor taste and disapproved of them, but most Muslims didn't fire-bomb embassies. To use the actions of a relatively minute proportion of the world's Muslims as a stick to beat and defame all the world's Muslims (an entire and hugely diverse religion) is a singularly moronic attitude.

I don't think you'll find many Muslims out there who think the cartoons were hilarious, in fact I'm pretty certain that the overwhelming majority will disapprove strongly, but the footage that is shown over and over is totally unrepresentative of the global attitude of Islam in this matter.

The people who threw Molotov cocktails at Danish embassies in whatever countries the demonstrations happened in (Sudan? Saudi? Iraq?) are morons. Simple as that. But to defame an entire religion based on its kooks... Well, I'm starting to repeat myself.

The response you quoted was posted in the wrong thread, at the wrong person. I am sorry for this. I was doing too many things at once and I guess I got confused. Now that I read you response, I can clearly see what happened.

My response should have quoted Mickyv who posted "After viewing that crass video that you uploaded on LiveLeak, I wish I hadn't bothered".

I am sorry for the mistake. I cannot remember the last time when I fucked up this bad on a forum board.
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
How old are you, Ron?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: