galloway has become a "fox news" bully
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taiwan4lee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: galloway has become a "fox news" bully Reply with quote

listening to the "2008-08-08 - George Galloway" show, gg took his first caller who was against following the chinese Olympics for a myriad of reasons, but gg wouldn't let this caller explain his thoughts concisely. gg asked "did you follow the L.A. Olympics?" to which the caller replied yes. gg went into a tirade. i assume he was trying to make the caller out as a hypocrite, but the caller admitted he wasn't aware of what the US had done in the past and learned of it post the US Olympics. then gg seemed to insult the intelligence of the caller for taking so long to learn of said events, but gg wouldn't let the bloke explain his point of view. i found the exchange closely resembling a bill o'slimey of fox news brow beating session.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the audio - there's no denying that he can lay into people when he gets on his high horse, and I've often criticised him for that, but I don't think it was that bad at all. The caller was all over the place and got floored...

taiwan4lee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the feeling he was on gg's side more than gg realised, but gg went off barking about the blokes tardy knowledge of the US's dirty wars. he should of let the bloke speak. re: the caller i think he was put on the back foot given the tirade gg launched on him. the caller seemed well intentioned but never got the chance to relax and put forth his views in a manner he wanted. gg should try and give time for people to explain their views in more detail. as i said, it sounded more a brow beating than an exchange of views.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he'd been better prepared he'd not have got a pasting - 63 years on the planet should have taught him that...

anyway, here's the bit Galloway spoke about having done earlier today on Radio 2, commentating on the Olympics opening ceremony.

taiwan4lee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you saying there is an age limit to breaking free of the spell of the capitalistic charade?

i see this type of egotistical way of thought "i knew before you" therefore i'm better than you. it's like kiddie time in the playground.

when only one party has control of the mute button we'll never know what is/was said.

i have no problem with what gg said (i agree with what he said) i have a problem with him not letting the bloke quantify his point of view.
taiwan4lee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after listening to the entire program i'm convinced gg has become a circus ring master. he had on two people of differing political views from the US. here we have a man (gg) that destroyed the US senate. giving air time to one mentally challenged woman reading from a script (unlike the poor sod previously, who wanted to speak openly) to expound on the virtues of her pubescent like ideals as to why the old senile geezer mc'twat should be president. then without a hint of interruption from the circus ring master he lets this inbred evangelical monstrosity mouth her shit. i wonder why gg lets complete fools talk uninterrupted and badgers common people? hmmmm
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taiwan4lee wrote:
are you saying there is an age limit to breaking free of the spell of the capitalistic charade?

i see this type of egotistical way of thought "i knew before you" therefore i'm better than you. it's like kiddie time in the playground.

when only one party has control of the mute button we'll never know what is/was said.

i have no problem with what gg said (i agree with what he said) i have a problem with him not letting the bloke quantify his point of view.

If you want answers to your questions, maybe you should write or phone in to the show.

To be perfectly honest, if someone has reached the age of 39 (as he was in 1984) and still believes the capitalist fairy tale then they must be a bit of a fucking idiot. What was he doing all the time before then? Galloway should have asked him exactly when he'd opened his eyes to what is going on.

When did you realise this? How old are you? Do you trust the integrity of someone who suddenly changes after a lifetime of behaving in a particular way?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taiwan4lee wrote:
after listening to the entire program i'm convinced gg has become a circus ring master. he had on two people of differing political views from the US. here we have a man (gg) that destroyed the US senate. giving air time to one mentally challenged woman reading from a script (unlike the poor sod previously, who wanted to speak openly) to expound on the virtues of her pubescent like ideals as to why the old senile geezer mc'twat should be president. then without a hint of interruption from the circus ring master he lets this inbred evangelical monstrosity mouth her shit. i wonder why gg lets complete fools talk uninterrupted and badgers common people? hmmmm

He's providing entertainment on a radio show. I quite like seeing people jumping through hoops and clowns falling on their faces. If you want dry 'important' politics there's a million bland shows out there, none of which get anywhere near the audience figures. I'm sure you can work that out...

How long have you been listening to the show?
taiwan4lee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you the last big brother of this bloke? please spare me the condescending alternatives. i don't have it in for galloway, if anyone wants to watch or hear the mass perform like poodles then they can turn on the dog channel. but the least i expect from a so called "man of the people" is a bit of decorum. putting a shelf life on thinking seems to me a bit authoritarian and self diluting.
cobweb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a former DJ I can understand that GG has the problem of falling between two stools here. He has to try and provide a lively debate and strike a balance between letting people speak and not letting them go off on a meandering rant (or swearing, slandering etc) and also he is providing entertainment on the radio so he (or his producer) might cut someone off for brevity or other timing reasons.

GG is undoubtably one of the great political orators of our time but as mentoned it can get a little one sided occasionally by badergin pepople and he has the power to end any inbound call but again on his side you can't be expected to debate at length on nearly any subject all the time.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taiwan4lee wrote:
are you the last big brother of this bloke? please spare me the condescending alternatives. i don't have it in for galloway, if anyone wants to watch or hear the mass perform like poodles then they can turn on the dog channel. but the least i expect from a so called "man of the people" is a bit of decorum. putting a shelf life on thinking seems to me a bit authoritarian and self diluting.

You've only been posting a short while and almost all of it has been negativity in one form or other. Try not posting unless you have something good to say eh? Go on, there's a good boy.
cobweb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having listened again to it the guy got more of a chance to put his point across than most.....George let him speak for at least a minute without interruption at the start of the call.

I'd say he had a fair crack of the whip and later on GG admitted he agreed with a lot of what the caller had said...he just was snookered on the point that if you boycott one event on humanitarian grounds why not all of the same type of events with countries that have a similar track record of abuses...and the guy lost.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also, when given the opportunity to defend himself or even fight back, dropped his guard and let Galloway in to attack again. He brought a pillow to a knife fight...
ItzMeRon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think the Olympics should be held in China or America. I would not watch it on purpose when held in these places.

But I do not think whatsoever that George Galloway was on his high horse or that he was wrong in what he said.

It sucks when you have to correct the record with people. I feel Galloway's pain.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cobweb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's a thought....will anyone who has in the past boycotted watching the olympics in the US (or any others) or is not watching in China right now be watching in 2012?

Given that we (and by we, I sadly mean the UK) as a nation have been the US's poodles under the leadership of Bliar and have been equally as responsible as they for so, so many deaths in the Middle East.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: