Ted Nugent - welcome to the UK!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Ted Nugent - welcome to the UK! Reply with quote

US rocker Ted Nugent's outrageous rant on UK knife crime
By Jody Thompson,
Mirror.co.uk
17/07/2008

American rock star Ted Nugent has followed in Lily Allen's footsteps to be the latest celebrity to comment on the UK's knife crime problem. However, unlike Lily, he's set to spark controversy with his outrageous views. An advocate of hunting and gun-ownership rights, Nugent currently serves on the Board of Directors of the National Rifle Association and thinks the problem would stop if Britons were allowed to arm themselves with guns.

Talking mid-set during his gig at London's Indigo venue in the 02 Arena on Monday night, he said: "I understand that London has a knife problem. That's because you took everybody's guns away." He continued: "If you had a fucking gun you could shoot the motherfuckers with the knife. Do you need me to explain that to you dumb Limey motherfuckers? In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem."

"'Oooh, he's got a knife, I'll pretend I'm from England'. [Imitates firing a gun]. Take that motherfucker. [Then pretends to call 911]: 'You might wanna bring a dustpan and broom because there's a big puddle of shit on the sidewalk'. That's what you call a deterrent. That motherfucker ain't gonna knife no-one ever again."

---------------------

Insulting the audience is always a good idea!

Also, I wonder if he could carry a gun on the street in Detroit? He's such a tough guy!
nekokate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy has never stopped being a twat since he was shat from one.
Ash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, he probably knows that this is the only way he could draw some attention
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always liked Ted. I don't agree with him...uh, let's see...oh, about 100% of the time, but I admire his balls to vocalize such unpopular opinions and stick to them. He has been spouting the same shite since the 70's. He sticks to his beliefs and that is cool.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the cover of one of his recent singles... rock on! haha
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea that he was still doing music. I thought he was all political now. Glad to see he is still trying to school the youngins!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the youngins need to learn about insipid rock with uninspired 80s stylling then he's the man for the job...

Though I think they might lose some respeck for him when they find out he lives on some wacky homestead in the Ozarks, shooting squirrels from his rocking chair like Grandpa Walton on acid!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wacky homestead in Michigan, after all he is the Motor City Madman...and I do think that youngins need to be schooled in insipid rock with uninspired 80's stylings. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it, and I don't want to be doomed. I don't think I could live thru another 80's!!
Twirley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit may not have a knife problem but I bet it has a gun problem. Stupid arsehole. BTW, I'd never heard of him before this thread.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
Detroit may not have a knife problem but I bet it has a gun problem. Stupid arsehole. BTW, I'd never heard of him before this thread.

Wow, never heard of Ted Nugent? Mostly you are lucky...he has had a couple of good songs....mostly crap though. He is a better shit stirrer than musician. Ted doesn't see "gun problems" as gun problems but people problems. He is a proponent of the "Guns don't kill people, people kill people " theory. He is pretty extreme in his opinions. And, of course, the Motor City Madman doesn't actually LIVE in the Motor City. Beautiful acreage in the countryside of Michigan...and you can rest assured that he will shoot to kill if you don't belong there!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interesting report from the PETA website by someone who went to one of his concerts...

nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PETA are nuts, too. Fuck them both.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they are the other half of the scale. They balance Ted out... I like the comment about boycotting Ted being counterproductive. That made me laugh...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the myspace of the woman who wrote the blog entry... it should be noted that she didn't post it on the peta site, someone else did.

www.myspace.com/masuimi_max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: