Good luck Rangers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Good luck Rangers Reply with quote

Good luck to Rangers in the Cup today - I wonder if Face can bring himself to cheer for them?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely not a chance - Glasgow has today got the world's second biggest Zenitsa Supporter's Club! I said well done to them for getting to the final, but I won't be happy if they win - Rangers fans are generally the worst sports around, arrogant when they win and aggressive when they lose.

Of course Celtic fans are pure angels... haha
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually try to watch the BBCA news in the morning, and they were just showing all the goings on in Manc-ville. Looks exciting to be there, no matter who you are pulling for.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a clip from tonight's BBC news at 6, and all seems nice and friendly until the end when you'll hear a flute band playing. That'll be one of the many Orange Lodge bands who storm about breeding bigotry and brainwashing their kids about the 'disease of Catholicism'... smashing.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a big difference between American sports and European sports. Our teams (for the most part) don't really have political or religious ties. Our sports teams aren't really old enough for that...Heck, Spurs alone are older than the entire sport of American football!! Our teams have regional support and those cities that have more than one team in a given sport (NY, LA...) are still regional divisions vs. religious or political. We do have some gang affiliations (Oakland Raiders) but even that is isolated.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's some value in having political support in this way, as it gives the games some passion, but it should be a localised thing - not dragged into the European spotlight.

Anyway, I'm watching the game and it's been pretty dull in the first half by both sides. If it ends in penalties I'll not be surprised.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so they were beaten 2-0 and within a minute of the final whistle there were people on the streets outisde here singing 'Can you hear the Rangers sing? Nooo-oh Noooo-oh!!' haha

There will be trouble tonight...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there was trouble before the game even started... then after as well. Typical huns! Rangers fans have far too many aggressive bigots in their number and they put the rest of Scotland to shame. I once chased a group of 4 of them out of my local shop when I walked in at 10am and found them racially abusing the woman behind the counter. They were all over 40 - so it's not even stupid young guys. It's ingrained.

You can see how the Daily Hun Record makes out that it was all understandable, and only mention the guy who was stabbed at the very end... nothing new there.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are just a few clips - what a tribute to Scotland they are... my favourite comment from the vids (click on them to go to the youtube pages) was "Why are the Scots such alcoholics? Was there really any need to start drinking 8-10 hours before the match? Why couldn't some of them have gone to an art gallery or the cathedral or something instead?" Laughing like you could imagine any one of these knuckle-dragging buckie-merchants in a gallery!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: