P POWER

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: P POWER Reply with quote

Diddy is in the process of moulding a new Spice Girls-style girl band. The media mogul is onto his third successful season of the MTV reality show Making The Band, and this time he's putting together a five-piece girl group. Singer Dawn told MTV News earlier this week that they were calling the group Danity Kane, based on a cartoon she'd drawn, and that each of the girls in the band would represent different superheroes. "We were in the studio and I actually draw anime, and Diddy had been throwing some names at us - Courage, Trust - but we want our name to mean something," she explained. "Diddy looked at the superhero that was the anime that I drew and he was like, 'What's the name of that character?' I was like, 'Danity Kane', and he was, like, 'Yo, that's dope, you guys can be five superheroes; five girls representing courage, representing all those things in one.'"

---------------

Do you think anyone is interested in this sort of band?
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since he's so much experience in the music industry I think he might be able to pull this off.

He's done a lot of wicked things in the past like in joint ventures with Snoop Dog, Dr Dre and Biggie Smalls and kind of brought himself out of the 'gangster' scene into mainstream popularity. I'd be interested to see what he comes out with anyway.

I wonder if he asked Victoria Beckham for any tips at the Full Length and Fabulous party Razz
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think P Diddy, aka Puff Daddy has any talent in the first place. Kids like him though, so I can't blame him for taken what he can get. He can make fairy cakes and jam on MTV for all I care. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's marketed correctly, someone will be interested. I know I won't, but there's a whole new generation of music listeners out there.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
I don't think P Diddy, aka Puff Daddy has any talent in the first place. Kids like him though, so I can't blame him for taken what he can get. He can make fairy cakes and jam on MTV for all I care. Smile

What are fairy cakes Razz lol

Sky is right. If it's marketed correctly someone will be interested, but he's good at what he does so you can bet it will be. Anything he endorses would have to be good because he's got major ego happening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: