Galloway's Guardian Blog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Galloway's Guardian Blog Reply with quote

nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting article, and interesting but predictable barrage of replies. I keep making this point, but it never fails to amuse me how many people clamour to have a go at him and denounce him in the strongest terms they can muster, all the while telling him he's supposedly an ineffectual, insignificant figure. They must be on a real hair-trigger if they go to so much trouble to obsessively, repetitively berate someone who doesn't matter.
Laughing

One of the comments links to THIS article, which struck me as a bit of a farce. They're supposedly outraged over the quote "[...] I was re-elected despite all the efforts made by the British government, the Zionist movement and the newspapers and news media which are controlled by Zionism".

How is that possibly anti-Semitism? If you examine the exact wording, it does not imply that all news media is controlled by Zionism, just that of the sections that are there were campaigns launched against him. That's just a statement of fact.

Zionism is to Judaism as Islamism is to Islam. I wish these hack reporters would get that into their heads.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite right ...

Been listening to the bbc 5 live since about 5 o'clock, and all they're giving is a continual parade of m.o.d. public schoolboys saying how great harry is, what a fine job he's been doing and rule fucking brittania.

pure crap.

For 3 long hours.

I've been listening to talksport for the last while to get a little news. It's mostly about keegan btw, but at least it's interesting ... well, up to a point Smile.

this leak by a "foreign news source" ... huh? ending up with harrys withdrawal from the action means just what I wonder, maybe how homesick the poor lad is, or are they going to up the ante wherever the little pisshead was?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red-green alliance to save us from Boris's throwback policies
March 20 2008
George Galloway MP, Respect, Bethnal Green & Bow

This article appeared in the Guardian on Thursday March 20 2008 on p43 of the Leaders & reply section.
---------------------

Simon Hoggart may not be able to slot a bus ticket between Ken Livingstone's and Boris Johnson's policies, but I could drive a fleet of bendy buses through the gap - sideways. On housing, Ken is for 50% of new homes to be affordable. That doesn't go far enough, but my constituents in overcrowded Tower Hamlets know that scrapping that target, Johnson's policy, will make it less likely that their children will ever get a home in the capital.

Whatever differences you have with Ken - and I have many - it is incredible to say he's of a piece with Johnson, especially this week, the fifth anniversary of the disastrous invasion of Iraq. Ken opposed that war; Johnson supported it and adheres to the neoconservative lunacy that underpins it.

Over the past eight years the anti-war and anti-racist movements have had a friend in City Hall. I want a mayor who welcomes Muslim leaders who are arguing for engagement in the political process, rather than one who bans them from entering the country, as Johnson and David Cameron demanded and Gordon Brown went along with recently. Ken's under attack not for the things he's done wrong, but for the policies that have angered the Tory right. That's why every progressive Londoner should support him against Johnson. It's said that Ken doesn't take notice of the London assembly. That's because most of those on it are eminently unnoteworthy. Most people in London can't name a single assembly member.

I'm standing for the assembly for Respect to change that. If I and my colleagues are on the assembly, Ken won't be able to ignore us. We'll support him when he's in the right, and hold him to account when he's not.

-------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: