Dexter
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Dexter Reply with quote

I realise this has been on in America for a good while, but they've just started showing it on ITV. The first episode has just finished and I reckon I'll be hooked on this... the storyline of a serial-killer who kills other killers, vigilante style, is pretty smart.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks like the guy who played the gay brother in Six Feet Under on the HBO series. Looks like it might be interesting. Wonder if they have it in Denmark....LOL!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you can get it on public torrent sites - if you like a good crime story, then you should enjoy this. Nice twists in it, and they're not shy with the blood and guts!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
He looks like the guy who played the gay brother in Six Feet Under on the HBO series. Looks like it might be interesting. Wonder if they have it in Denmark....LOL!

Yup, it is the same actor from "Six Feet Under". He's great in this. I just started watching it as well and so far, so good. Different from your usual TV fare (although the broadcast version we're seeing stateside is edited for language & violence from its original cable version on the Showtime Cable network).

With that said, you can get Series 1 & Series 2 on public trackers. Series 3 starts in September or October 2008.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering whether the CBS version was censored - there was a fair warning on ITV that 'there is lots of violence and extensive adult language', so that was good.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I was wondering whether the CBS version was censored - there was a fair warning on ITV that 'there is lots of violence and extensive adult language', so that was good.

Since it was made for CBS they won't really have to censor it. The scripts will all go through the CBS censor department before shooting. In all honesty our TV can be a lot more violent over here than over in the UK. That is one reason I was so shocked about what happened in the Vic on EE being a big deal. That's tame compared to what I am used to.
In the States we are a lot more concerned about sex than violence Razz
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would want to see the unedited version. Guts, blood, and the words mothereffer all kept intact...LOL!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Since it was made for CBS they won't really have to censor it. The scripts will all go through the CBS censor department before shooting. In all honesty our TV can be a lot more violent over here than over in the UK. That is one reason I was so shocked about what happened in the Vic on EE being a big deal. That's tame compared to what I am used to.

But it is censored from what Kezza is saying - and it was made by Showtime, not CBS. Maybe that's a division of the same company, but I thought part of the whole point of cable channels like that was that they can actually say motherfucker and cunt if they want.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showtime should be able to show all the cursing, blood and guts, and titties if there is any. If CBS shows it, it will all have to be edited out. Can't have our children saying Shit and Fuck when they are shooting up the McDonalds around the corner.....LOL!!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Skylace wrote:

But it is censored from what Kezza is saying - and it was made by Showtime, not CBS. Maybe that's a division of the same company, but I thought part of the whole point of cable channels like that was that they can actually say motherfucker and cunt if they want.

They'll edit out language mainly then. When "The Soprano's" went on to regular tv (I think on USA network) the only big differences I noticed where in the nudity and language. There was still plenty of violence and blood.
Bob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty good and weird, though I never got around to watching the second series, which was supposed to have continued the mayhem Very Happy
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I heard an interview w/the actress who plays Dexter's sister & she said that they had done overdubs for the cursing & that some of the violence/nudity, etc. will not be shown on CBS.

Showtime is owned by CBS, but as a cable channel, has more licence to be explicit.

The primary reason that "Dexter" is now being aired on a commercial network (remember, they've already produced 2 series thus far & working on series 3) is due to the U.S. writer's strike. The need for new programming gave the network the impetus to air it now.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 1

This was enough to get me hooked right in... this stream only works for 31 minutes, but you can grab the whole episode here: Download full quality avi

(right click the first post in this thread and click on 'play' in that to stop the audio in the background)
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got hold of a pre-air copy of the first episode of series 3 - it's not being broadcast until the 28th... you can download a torrent of it HERE

I'm quite excited about watching it, but I'll keep it by until later tonight.
Twirley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks good. I remember it being advertised but then forgot about it - and we don't get Showtime, so will have to look for the downloads. Thanks for posting this!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: