Ann Coulter vs George Carlin on Tonight!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Ann Coulter vs George Carlin on Tonight! Reply with quote

"Tonight" host Jay Leno might want to consider wearing referee stripes on Wednesday's show when Ann Coulter and George Carlin are his guests.

Coulter, the acid-tongued conservative with a new book out, and Carlin, the quick-witted, antiestablishment comedian who's in the voice cast for the new animated film "Cars," were booked at separate times for the NBC late-nighter, a spokeswoman said Monday.

But the duo's meeting could produce serious fireworks for "Tonight," which usually limits its political fodder to Leno's bipartisan monologue jokes.

Coulter, author of "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," has drawn fire for attacking the four New Jersey widows who pushed for an independent commission to investigate the Sept. 11 World Trade Center attacks in which their husbands died.

In her book, Coulter accuses the women of "reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much."

An appearance by Coulter on NBC's "Today" led to a prickly exchange with host Matt Lauer over her comments on the widows.

Also scheduled for "Tonight" Wednesday is Scottish singer and songwriter KT Tunstall.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Carlin will wipe the floor with her if a battle of the sharp tongues is to break out. He is much more clever and worldy than she pretends to be.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George can keep a cool head where she'll get all frazzled. Thanks for the heads up on that Ally. I'm going to schedule it to record just incase I forget to watch thumbs
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
George can keep a cool head where she'll get all frazzled. Thanks for the heads up on that Ally. I'm going to schedule it to record just incase I forget to watch thumbs

Your welcome. I just set mine to record as well. Very Happy
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This I have to see - can you post the cap Irish?

oh man, this could be great! I bet George is sharpening up his wit as we speak...
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

oh man, this could be great! I bet George is sharpening up his wit as we speak...

Sure I can. I'll post it and you'll have it to watch when you get up in the morning wink
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
faceless wrote:

Sure I can. I'll post it and you'll have it to watch when you get up in the morning wink

excellent - looking forward to it thumbs
Tallokas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for this - I bet he'll make her cry before it's over kiss
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up!! According to the website http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/guests/ ,
Carlin will be on first. clap That means that Coulter won't be able to avoid him during her segment (wouldn't be surprised at all if Coulter were allowed to be first, she'd bolt when she was finished in order to avoid Carlin!!). Oh, I hope Carlin serves her up!!!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the video of her on MSNBC making a complete twat of herself. Click HERE to watch it

It turns out she's now defending her words on the basis that she is in fact a "comedian"! The fact that she's just not funny doesn't seem to have sunk in yet... what she needs is to try the club-circuit for a year or two, and if she's not been ripped limb-from-limb for being shite then maybe she will learn a thing or two about making people other than those who already agree with her laugh!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my sisters lives in a New Jersey town outside of New York City. Her particular town lost 11 people in the terrorist attacks. And not all of them were men -- there were women who died, too, and left behind their husbands and children. One was a single mother. That devil-spawn Coulter conviently overlooks all of the 9/11 widowers and orphans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: