Jewish radio station apologises to Galloway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Jewish radio station apologises to Galloway Reply with quote

Galloway considering lawsuit against JCom
By TJ reporter
14th February 2008
www.totallyjewish.com

Respect MP George Galloway is considering taking legal action against JCom radio. It’s alleged that a presenter on the station portrayed him as anti-semitic. Galloway’s solicitors have contacted the station over remarks made in a spoof about him during JCom’s month-long restricted service license in October.

JCom Chairman Jeremy Silverstone said the station has sent an apology to Galloway. He told the Jewish News: “We accept an error of judgement was made by an inexperienced volunteer who is no longer part of the station. If anybody, including Mr Galloway was offended then we unreseservedly apologise. We hope matters can be resolved in a away that allows us to continue providing a radio service to the community.”

JCom has been corresponding with the former Celebrity Big Brother contestant’s representatives since November, when the station first received a letter from them saying Galloway was considering his legal position after he was made aware of contents in a programme that allegedly suggested he was anti-semitic.

--------------------

That apology alone is worth plenty...
nekokate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"... the former Celebrity Big Brother contestant..." Laughing

I swear, when he dies it's gonna be "Would you like me to be the corpse?" all over the newspapers.
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the 2nd apology in the last few days regardless basless accusations of being anti-semitic. See :
http://www.georgegalloway.com

GALLOWAY CLARIFICATION - Ted Jeory, Deputy Editor, East London Advertiser, 7th February 2008 edition
Last week, I wrote that George Galloway had complained that the media was dominated by the "Jewish lobby".

He has angrily asked me to point out that he did not use that phrase and having listened to the show again, he's correct: in fact he said the media, including talkSport, was dominated by the "pro-Israel" lobby.

He also said that the Holocaust was the worst crime in human history. I'm happy to clarify that.

For the record, on the BBC's Newsnight last month he accused George Bush's speechwriter of being in the pockets of the "Zionist lobby".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: