corrie - David Platt
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: corrie - David Platt Reply with quote

Corrie terror David Platt goes splat
08 February 2008

This is the moment Coronation Street psycho David Platt goes splat, after being hit by a car and sent flying into the gutter. The sinister teen, played by Jack Shepherd, is stuck as he races across the street to try and catch up with his girlfriend Tina McIntyre (played by Michelle Keegan).

The accident comes after Tina tells David she is pregnant. But the mum-to-be is unable to work out if David is the father of her unborn child, or if it is a former lover. The teen confesses all to David's mother Gail (played by Helen Worth) who reminds Tina she can still have an abortion.

Gail tells her: "You're completely within your rights to tell David about the baby. But I have to tell you, I worry about what it will do to him. And if he hears about a termination, I fear for his mental health."
tec
Bad Toad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a good storyline. I can see Gail's concern since David has always told her he knows she never wanted him as a baby. She's such a game-player. Looking forward to seeing this. Thanks for the post.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Twisted and psychotic' David Platt leaves Gail for dead
04 March 2008

Coronation Street's David Platt leaves his mother Gail for dead after pushing her down a flight of stairs in a dramatic new plot line. David, played by Jack P Shepherd, is overcome by rage after discovering Gail (Helen Worth) was secretly plotting to take his girlfriend Tina (Michelle Keegan) to have a abortion.

After a fiery argument, David races upstairs to pack his bags, with Gail hot on his heels attempting to convince him to stay. Then, in a fit of fury, David pushes his mother down the staircase. The fall leaves her unconscious, but rather than call for help, the tormented teen flees the scene, leaving his mother for dead. Eventually she is found by neighbours who rush her to hospital where doctors fight desperately to save her life.

Of his character, Jack P Shepherd has said: "He started out as a sweet and innocent boy but is growing more and more into a nasty piece of work. He can be really twisted and psychotic."

------------------

let's hear it for psycho Dave!

clap clap
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Platt's all folks - David is caged
26 Mar 2008

AT LAST! Here's what millions of Corrie fans have wanted to see for ages - bad boy David Platt put away. The tearaway teen, played by Jack P Shepherd, is sentenced to several months in a young offenders' institution. He won't be off screen, though - Corrie will show what he goes through inside. An ITV source said: "Corrie's a moral show, he had to get lifted in the end."
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSYCHOPLATT!
31st March 2008

CRAZED David Platt causes chaos on the cobbles when he goes on a violent wrecking spree. The Corrie bad boy, played by Jack P Shepherd, 20, arms himself with a huge metal pole to terrorise his neighbours. They are stunned after he flips and smashes up cars, windows and bashes mild-mannered Ken Barlow (William Roache, 75). David grapples with takeaway owner Jerry Morton (Michael Starke, 50) after targeting his kebab shop.

Devilish David is banged up after the rampage. And Jack is relieved ­– it will stop fans attacking him in the street. He laughed: “I get so much grief in the street about how David should be locked up and pay for his crimes. Well he is now, so leave me alone!” But it doesn’t mean he will change his ways. Jack says: “He’s bad to the bone and he’s locked up with other, more hardened criminals. So who knows what new tricks he’s going to pick up?”

Despite playing David for eight years, Jack says he hasn’t adopted any of his naughty traits. But he admits he scares his family and friends by “turning David on them!”
tec
Bad Toad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting these. I was wondering how this storyline would continue. Looking forward to these. Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coronation Street's David Platt scenes attract 11.7million viewers
9/04/2008

Teenage psycho David Platt's wrecking rampage on Coronation Street pulled in 11.7 million viewers. The highly-charged scenes on Monday night saw the troubled lad smashing up cars and windows with an iron pole. He snapped after being dumped and finding out mum Gail (Helen Worth) realised he was the one who had thrown her down the stairs.

David - played by Jack P Shepherd - was locked up. A Corrie spokesman said: "Everyone is absolutely delighted." ITV bosses were extra pleased with the figures as they beat last week's big EastEnders episode, which peaked at 10.1million for the return of Ricky and Bianca (Sid Owen and Patsy Palmer).

------------------

That's some amount of viewers for sure - it was a pretty cool scene though, but he wasn't really that threatening when anyone came close - a bit of a nyer and no more... haha
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was most excellent. I enjoyed the scenes. I think the locals were just shocked at his violent behavior, even though he's been a bad boy, he had never really been violent like that before. Some tried to talk to him, but I'm surprised the men didn't just charge at him and "disarm" him as a group. That's what I would think would happen if it were for real, no? Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The actor is really good at playing a bad boy. Are there any interviews with him? I wonder how his demeanor is in real life.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Corrie: Noel Gallagher wants to beat up David Platt! Reply with quote

Noel Gallagher's 'Coronation Street' cameo?
Oasis Guitarist Noel Gallagher wants a part in 'Coronation Street' - so he can beat up the streets resident bad boy, David Platt.
14 March 2009 08:30 AM

Noel Gallagher wants to appear in 'Coronation Street' - so he can beat up David Platt. The Oasis rocker - who along with his long-term girlfriend Sara MacDonald is a big fan of the soap - wants to head to Weatherfield so he can put big mouthed David, played by Jack Shepherd, in his place. He said: "We watch Corrie religiously. All the characters are brilliant. Why they've never asked me to be on it is a mystery. I'd love to go on. I want to punch David Platt's face in and then his mum Gail. If he's going to get bumped off please let me do it."

Noel was thrilled when a recent episode of the series, which is set in the guitarist's hometown of Manchester, mentioned Burnage - the part of the city which he and brother Liam grew up. He added: "I was thrilled when it came out that Tina was from Burnage, that's the first time it's ever been mentioned. I was dancing a little lap round the front room."

If Noel, 41, gets his cameo in 'Coronation Street' he will be the latest in a long line of famous faces to appear in Weatherfield. 'Lord of the Rings' actor Sir Ian McKellen, comic Peter Kay, Slade frontman Noddy Holder and Status Quo have all graced the cobbles of Weatherfield.

---------------------

haha, that would be funny
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would so love to see him come on. That would be such a laugh!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David attacked in 'whodunnit' plot
29/06/2009

Some would say it's been a long time coming - Coronation Street's David Platt will be badly beaten up in a dramatic 'whodunnit' storyline. The teen tearaway - played by Jack P. Shepherd - is brutally attacked in an alley and left bleeding and unconscious later this summer, according to reports in The Sun.

The identity of David's attacker remains a mystery - but the main suspects are Jason Grimshaw (played by Ryan Thomas), ex-girlfriend Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan), his mum's boyfriend Joe McIntyre (Reece Dinsdale) and Gary Windass's uncle Len (Conor Ryan).

Both Jason and Joe have run-ins with David prior to his attack in the ITV1 soap - and neither have alibis. Jason threatens to 'teach him a lesson' while depressive Joe is hellbent on revenge after David encourages mum Gail (Helen Worth) to dump him. Len Windass is out for David's blood after he egged on his nephew to take part in a robbery, before calling the cops, and ex-love Tina is also a suspect, as David has continually been harassing her.

As David has caused no end of trouble for Weatherfield residents, there are any number of people who could want revenge. A source told The Sun: "David's assailant will be kept a closely-guarded secret. Apart from Joe and Jason, Len could very well be the violent attacker or Tina may just have had enough of David's antics. Or could it be someone else?"

----------------

With any luck he'll become even more mental! thumbs
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. He'll heal up nicely like the last ass whoopin' he got from Gary.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coronation Street: Bricking it
By Tony Stewart
Jul 4, 09

There are little clues in David Bratt's past that he doesn't take rejection well. He has tried to kill mum Gail, himself and, more recently, made sure Gary Windass was sent down. So his brother-in-law Jason and former girlfriend Tina must know how risky it is telling him that they are now a loving couple.

"When his head goes funny, he can be really dangerous," thickie brickie Jase warns Tina. "He's deranged," she agrees. "He's insane," Jason adds nervously. "And there is no way I'm gunna let you tell him about us on your own."

She breaks the news to him on Monday and, if she was hoping he would be grown up and mature about it and wish them well, then she is sadly mistaken. "I'm gunna take him out," he tells Graeme. "I'm gunna kill him." As David starts lobbing items at Jason from the builder's yard, his range of murder weapons is interesting. For it includes house bricks, hammers, spanners and even a set of wash hand basin taps.

"I'm gunna throttle his scrawny neck," Jason vows as he ducks the missiles whistling by him. Well, it's about time somebody did...

-----------------
Laughing
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! LOL! I see big similarities in what he is doing with the bricks, to a little baby throwing their toys out of the pram or throwing them at other little kids. "It's mine mine mine!!!!" Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that the battering he got was going to be more involved. A 'sustained assault' at least... haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: