Kate's top 5 most influential women of all time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Kate's top 5 most influential women of all time Reply with quote

http://paulasplace.livejournal.com/13454.html

My friend Kate in England sent George Galloway her list of the top 5 most influential women of all time, and Mr. Galloway read her list on the air. Kate listed me as number 5. I was honoured and touched that she thought of me, and really thrilled Mr. Galloway actually read her list on the air -- and gave me a "big up." I was totally thrilled -- Mr. Galloway's radio program has something like 2.5 million listeners. I YouTubed the audio clip Kate sent me. This was broadcast on December 15, 2007.
nekokate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yea, she said she was going to upload that sometime.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool that she was chuffed - what is it she actually does? I suppose I could read up a bit, but I'm lazy... haha

maybe you can take this chance for your top five men also?
nekokate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
That's cool that she was chuffed - what is it she actually does? I suppose I could read up a bit, but I'm lazy... haha

She's a singer/songwriter/journalist/political activist in Alberta, Canada. She's a pro-Palestine, anti-Zionist Jew, too (which I think is awesome). I met her via another forum and we got to become friends. I made her website for her (paulaevekirman.com, see what you think, hehe) and I also designed the cover of her album Bridges To Burn, which is self-released as she's more of a hobbyist and doesn't have a recording contract, but GG has downloaded some of her songs and apparently likes them. She hasn't got the greatest singing voice, but she reminds me of Leonard Cohen in the sense that you don't have to be a good singer if you're a superb writer and are passionate about what you do.

She's always organising marches and demonstrations and is one of the more well known activists in Alberta. Hmmm, I think that's about it off the top of my head Smile

Oh yea, and I keep telling her she should sign up on this website, but she never gets round to it!!

faceless wrote:
maybe you can take this chance for your top five men also?

I'll have to think about that long and hard!
pk_shalom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate, you twisted my rubber arm and finally I got around to it! Thanks for your support -- I appreciate the kind words.
- pk
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PK, welcome to the couch
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome PK - good to see you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: