Entertainment News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Copperfield Accused of Raping Woman on Private Island
August 20, 2009

A Seattle woman claims that illusionist David Copperfield repeatedly sexually assaulted her on his private island in the Bahamas during a horrifying two-day ordeal, according to a bombshell federal lawsuit. The magician raped the 22-year-old victim, sexually assaulted her on two other occasions and threatened to kill her, court papers filed in Washington state claim.

The woman says her nightmare unfolded two summers ago, when the 52-year-old performer invited her to his $50 million private retreat on Musha Cay after meeting her at a show in Washington state. One of the showman's assistants invited the alleged victim backstage, where she was told about promotional work on the island that might lead to "modeling opportunities," according to the suit, filed on July 29.

When she arrived on the island, which is reachable only by private boat, on July 27, 2007, "she realized no one else was in attendance other than . . . Copperfield," the suit says. After the two dined, they went to the magician's room to watch a movie. "Copperfield then attacked [her] and sexually assaulted her" and "threatened to kill her," despite the victim's attempt to fight him off, leaving her "extremely traumatized," her filing charges.

---------------------

Let's see if he can make this disappear...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just oozes cheese...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't realize this was still going on. I remember hearing about it in 07.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw him in Vegas in 1991--- and he was "creepy" then too.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell - he could at least have gone for Madonna or something!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liam Maher, the lead singer of Flowered Up died yesterday. This was one of my favourite tracks at the time (1992) as, to me at least, it slagged all the people who came into my party world after being away all week 'working'! Part-time party bastards!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arnold Stang, voice of Top Cat, dies aged 91
23rd December 2009

Arnold Stang, the actor who was the voice of Top Cat in the 1960s cartoon, has died aged 91. Stang passed away on Sunday of pneumonia at a hospital in Massachusetts, said JoAnne Stang, his wife of 60 years.

She attributed her husband's career longevity to his willingness to tackle any professional challenge. 'He was really unique, because he could perform in any role, comedy or drama, he just loved it all,' she said. 'He always thought of himself just as an actor, not any particular kind of actor, but just an actor who would play whatever he was asked to play.'

Despite often playing goofy characters, Stang was the consummate professional, preparing the same for his biggest roles and the smallest commercials. 'I remember how smart he was, and how hardworking, and how disciplined he was, no matter what the role,' his wife said.

The slight and diminutive Stang started his career on the radio as a teenager and never lost his love of the medium. JoAnne remembers her husband zipping across Manhattan in the 1940s and '50s, from radio show to radio show, all live and challenging in their own way because all the acting is done through voice, with no facial expressions or body language, she said. 'That was his education,'

He played alongside comedian Milton Berle on radio and television in the 1950s, starred as Sinatra's sidekick in the 1955 movie 'The Man with the Golden Arm,' and was a member of the ensemble comedic cast of 'It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World' in 1963. The dramatic role alongside Sinatra was one of his favorites, his wife said. He voiced cartoons, including the lead character in the 1960s cartoon 'Top Cat,' and did dozens of commercials, perhaps most notably for the Chunky candy bar. He appeared in movies alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bill Cosby and continued acting into his 80s, playing a role in the 1993 movie 'Dennis the Menace.'

Stang is also survived by son David and daughter Deborah.

---------------------

That's quite an innings!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this online this morning....He had a nice long run. I liked Top Cat as a kid, but you don't see him in reruns or on DVDs now. Sad really.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Film director is thrown off US plane for being 'too big for seat'
Kevin Smith has unleashed a tirade on Twitter after being told by Southwest Airlines that he was a 'safety concern'
Aidan Jones
guardian.co.uk,
15 February 2010

In the age of micro-blogging it will never be a wise move to bar an outspoken and popular filmmaker from a passenger aeroplane because of his size. Having done just that to Kevin Smith, who is the director of films such as Clerks and Chasing Amy, Southwest Airlines was forced into hasty public apology after he handed out a severe Twitter-lashing to the airline and mobilised complaints from his 1.64 million followers.

In a row played out on Twitter, Smith issued an expletive-laden series of messages aimed at the airline for ejecting him from a flight from Oakland to Burbank on Saturday because he was apparently too overweight to fit in his seat. "Wanna tell me I'm too wide for the sky?" Smith asked on his Twitter account shortly after the incident. "Totally cool but fair warning folks: If you look like me, you may be ejected from Southwest."

Smith had fallen victim to Southwest's booking guidelines for a "customer of size" which say that passengers who are unable to lower both armrests when seated should book another seat because of complaints it has received from customers whose comfort has been ruined by the "encroachment of a large seatmate".

Smith used his Twitter account to reveal he was deemed a "safety risk" by the captain of the plane. "I know I'm fat, but was Captain Leysath really justified in throwing me off a flight for which I was already seated?'' A barrage of tweets condemning the airline for its policy followed, prompting angry customers to share their stories of rejection from Southwest and an apology from the chastened airline.

Aware of the unfolding PR disaster, a tweet appeared on Southwest's Twitter feed about six hours later, promising Smith he would get a call from the airline's customer relations vice-president. "Again, I'm very sorry for the experience you had tonight. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do," a second tweet to Smith read.

His anger seemingly undiminished, Smith was, last night, still aiming tweets at Southwest's "PR-challenged, fatty-haters. Your apology is insulting, redacted, bullshit" and promised to use his Sunday night podcast to lambast the airline further. Smith, known for his edgy, expletive-ridden films, was given a seat on a later flight to Burbank and described how he "didn't even need a seat belt extender to buckle up. Somehow, that shit fit over my 'safety concern' creating gut."

------------------

haha all round... Laughing
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I had a fat woman partially sitting on my leg all the way home from Europe because she was so darned fat. She needed one of those seatbelt extenders. I wanted to complain, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. She was a nice woman, but it's so uncomfortable. At the same time, they make these seats so darned tiny. How about they make them a bit wider and charge a bit more? I can see his side of things, but I can also feel a lard ass on my side of things. lol! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking he'd have been in 1st class, so the seats are wider, but maybe on those short journeys they just have all seats the same?
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southwest is the cheapy airlines where there is no assigned seating. The earlier you arrive at the airport, the choicier the shitty seat you get ergo front or back...lol! I flew Southwest between Florida and New York. He coulda taken a more comfy expensive commercial flight I'm sure. I could endure a fat bastard sitting on my leg for a short 3 hour trip, but not a long one like I did endure a few years back. Once the plane takes off and gets in the air, one can raise the arm of the chair, but that just means their fat will rest comfortably on your side. I'm torn between compassion for fatties and comfort for myself. I say make the seats a bit wider for all around comfort.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my understanding that Southwest requires "Customers of Size" to buy 2 seats together on full flights to comfortably accommodate them. If the flight isn't full, then the COS is seated next to an empty seat.

So maybe Southwest dropped the ball by seating him first, before realizing that his seat was too small.

I've only flown Southwest once, because they assign seats based on arrival at the gate, as Pirty described above. I got stuck in a middle seat on a cross-country flight because my connecting flight arrived late. If Southwest allowed reserved seats, I wouldn't have a problem with them, but as for now....never again.

I too, feel compassion for overweight individuals -- but hell if I'm going to sit next to them on a long flight. I've often thought about bringing some kind of seat divider/space claimer to stick in the space between adjoining seats to prevent encroachment on my person. Does anyone know if those exist?

Smith's flight was just Oakland - Burbank which is how long? 1 hour? 1-1/2 hours? If I had been stuck next to him, I wouldn't have had him thrown off the plane, but I would have sought compensation from Southwest for MY discomfort.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, it is uncomfortable for the "fatties" (as Pirty so eloquently put it) too. Do you think we don't know that we hang over the seat? Do you think we don't know that as we walk down the aisle, everyone is silently praying that we don't sit next them them? We do...

Now, I no longer fit into the lap over the seat category. I can comfortably fasten my seat belt (actually I always could - I have never used an extension), but I am always one pepperoni pizza away from being right back there. It is, of course, something only I can control and I am doing my best, but it is not easy....it was a lot easier to put the weight on than it is to take it off.

As far as buying the second seat, in all my years of flying, I have NEVER been asked about my weight prior to purchasing a ticket...either online, in person, over the phone...never. At my heaviest, I would have had no problem purchasing another seat, but I was never asked to...or even asked if it was necessary. Ok, I am done....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dlisted.com/

Quite a funny blog, though I only know most of the people mentioned by osmosis rather than desire...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: