Entertainment News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twirley

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

Arnold Stang, voice of Top Cat, dies aged 91
23rd December 2009

Arnold Stang, the actor who was the voice of Top Cat in the 1960s cartoon, has died aged 91. Stang passed away on Sunday of pneumonia at a hospital in Massachusetts, said JoAnne Stang, his wife of 60 years.

---------------------

That's quite an innings!

I just read this article and watched the video of Arnold Stang. I LOVED Top Cat...!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M&S model Noemie Lenoir found unconscious after 'suicide' attempt in Paris
By Peter Allen In Paris
12th May 2010

Top model Noemie Lenoir has been found unconscious after apparently trying to commit suicide in a wood outside Paris. The 30-year-old, who has become a household name in the UK after spearheading a Marks & Spencer advertising campaign, was found slumped on the floor in a forest in La Celle-Saint-Cloud, on the outskirts of the French capital.

She is believed to have formulated a potentially deadly cocktail of alcohol and drugs at the home of her on-off boyfriend Claude Makelele, the ex-Chelsea football star who is father to their son, Kelyan, five.

A man out walking his dog found Ms Lenoir’s body on Sunday afternoon and called the emergency services straight away. ‘After coming to, Noemie was in a state of great distress and clearly very ill,’ said a source close to the model. ‘She had clearly attempted to harm herself and had fallen unconscious. She was rushed to a nearby hospital and treated for the effects of poisoning. It seems that she may have tried to commit suicide as a cry for help. She’s now in a far better condition and recovering.’

Police in Paris confirmed the reports, with a spokesman saying : ‘A young woman age 30 was found unconscious in La Celle-Saint-Cloud on Sunday afternoon. 'She was rushed to hospital for treatment for the effects of an overdose. She is now recovering well.’

Ms Lenoir and Makelele have had a turbulent relationship since 2003, when they first started going out together. The midfielder, who retired from international football two years ago and this week rejected an offer from French national football coach Raymond Domenech to join France's World Cup squad, had often been linked with other women.

Ms Lenoir has been suffering ‘extreme angst’ recently because of her relationship with Swiss millionaire Carl Hirschmann, who is involved in a sex, blackmail and extortion scandal in his home country. Hirschmann, 29, who dated Paris Hilton in 2003, is on £300,000 bail in Zurich, but Ms Lenoir regularly visits him there.

‘Noemie is extremely worried about Carl and has been suffering extreme angst,’ said an impeccably placed source in Paris. ‘Her relationship with Claude Makelele is important to her, but only because he is the father of her child. The real love of her life at the moment is Carl.’

Hirschmann, a notorious playboy, has been accused by police of being involved in orgies with young models whom he is said to have plied with vodka-based cocktails called ‘Love Potion’ before videoing them in depraved sex acts. He is accused of blackmailing the models with the X-rated tapes from the CCTV camera – demanding huge amounts of cash in return for not posting them on the internet.

--------------------------

"an impeccably placed source" - you can always trust them...

I didn't know she was French though - that kind of goes against the 'Great British' fantasy of the M+S experience... I'll be buying my over-priced cardigans and ready-made sandwiches elsewhere from now on.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Michael arrested after crashing car into shop
Singer arrested after smashing his car into the front of a branch of Snappy Snaps in the early hours of Sunday morning
Rosie Swash
guardian.co.uk,
6 July 2010

George Michael has been arrested after the car he was driving crashed into a shop near his home in Hampstead, north London. The 47-year-old singer's vehicle collided with the front of a branch of Snappy Snaps in the early hours of Sunday morning (4 July), reportedly after returning from the gay pride march in central London.

Michael's arrest is the latest in a series of brushes with the law, which began in 1998 for "engaging in a lewd act" with an undercover police officer in a Beverley Hills toilet. Michael was also arrested in 2006 for possession of marijuana, and again the following year after being found at the wheel of his car "unfit to drive through drugs". He pleaded guilty to the 2007 charge and received a two-year driving ban. In 2008, Michael was again arrested in a public toilet near Hampstead Heath and cautioned by police for possession of a controlled substance.

Following the 2008 arrest, Michael said: "I want to apologise to my fans for screwing up again, and to promise them I'll sort myself out. And to say sorry to everybody else, just for boring them."

Police confirmed they were called to a branch of Snappy Snaps on Hampstead High Street at 3.45am on Sunday following reports of a collision. The attending officers arrested a man in his 40s. The man was taken to a north London police station and subsequently bailed until August pending further enquiries.

---------------------

He's gonna end up hurting someone if he's not stopped. He needs better friends who'd knock him out rather than let him drive!
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a silly bugger!

BTW...do you think that the reporter on this (Rosie Swash) is related to Joe Swash??? :-)
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sort of looks like the Kabin...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wham! He drove right into that shop Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiss government decides not to extradite Roman Polanski to U.S. on unlawful sex charge
12th July 2010

Switzerland today announced it will not extradite Oscar-winning film director Roman Polanski to the U.S. to face charges of having unlawful sex with a 13-year-old girl. The Swiss Justice Ministry announced its decision at a news conference in Berne after months of uncertainty over whether Polanski would have to return to the U.S.

Polanski was arrested in September 2009 after arriving in Zurich to receive a lifetime achievement award at a film festival. His arrest sparked an outcry in the global film industry and in political circles in France, where he has been a long-time resident. Directors from Woody Allen to Martin Scorsese slammed the decision to hold him under house arrest awaiting the result of U.S. legal proceedings.

The 76-year-old director, who holds dual French and Polish citizenship, was put under house arrest at his chalet in luxury ski resort Gstaad while Swiss officials awaited the outcome of U.S. legal proceedings. He was arrested at the request of the U.S. when he flew into Switzerland on September 26 to receive a lifetime achievement award at a film festival. Polanski pleaded guilty to having sex with the girl but fled the U.S. on the eve of his 1978 sentencing because he believed a judge might overrule his plea and put him in jail for 50 years. He has lived as a fugitive in Europe ever since, facing the prospect of arrest the moment he set back on U.S. soil while continuing his film career outside Hollywood.

Born to Polish-Jewish parents in 1933, his life was marked by a narrow escape from the Krakow ghetto and by the murder of his pregnant wife, actress Sharon Tate, by followers of cult leader Charles Manson in 1969. Polanski is also known for classics such as 'Chinatown', which earned 11 Oscar nominations, and 'Rosemary's Baby'. He completed his latest film 'The Ghost', based on a Robert Harris's best-seller, while under arrest in Switzerland.

-------------------

I wonder why they decided against this? Maybe the Swiss government is full of deviants who support rapists?
Colston

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... cowardly Swiss.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised at this.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the Swiss government loves Pedophiles, that's all I can surmise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the guy a break. He's one of the best directors in the world, and has suffered for this mistake for 30 years. Persecute someone else more deserving like a "world leader".
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever "mistakenly" raped a 13yr old girl up the arse squarey?
SquareEyes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'm saying is we all make mistakes and that circumstances are not always what the press report. And he's a good guy, not a dictator who had hundreds+ murdered unjustly, or a guy who brought grief to thousands for political repression or racism etc.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Bieber Hit With Water Bottle

I've heard this lad's name being mentioned all over the place, but I've still no idea what he does... ah the joys of being selective!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's from Stratford Ontario (about 45 min from where I live)-- and he's a singer. All the 'tweens love him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: