Merry Christmas!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Merry Christmas! Reply with quote

Let me be the first to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has a wonderful day with family and friends.......... and stuffs themselves with turkey Smile

food food

Seems someone found his Christmas pressie early........ his grandma shouldn't leave it where he can get at it Laughing

Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww! Now that is just too sweet.

Merry Christmas to you all and I hope the next few days are filled with fun, love and joy.

We already opened our presents (as we do on Christmas Eve) and tomorrow it will be ham and potatoes! Can't wait.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas to all couchers! Hope you are all having/had a great time. Love your puppy pictures eefan! They are so cute!! :-D Be safe, stay warm, and most importantly, HAVE FUN! :-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That poor dog... haha

All the best to everyone - party on!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:

That poor dog... haha

All the best to everyone - party on!

Poor dog???? More like poor toy! He bit and tore that thing apart in no time Laughing (I think the look on the toy's face set him off Laughing)
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas, to one and all! I've already started the "face-stuffing" portion -- all I've eaten today has been candy and gingerbread cookies. Seriously! Embarassed

Looking forward to spending the day w/my family and going to a hockey game (Let's go Caps!) with my nephews on Boxing Day.

Wishing y'all the best for 2008!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Ho Ho Ho to you all.

Turkey is on

Christmas pud is made.

Just need to prepare the sprouts and tates and we're good to go.

14 for lunch today.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have ham at Christmas and as for sprouts, I didn't start making those until I was in the UK for my first Christmas. I personally love them. We'll also have some mashed potatoes, Hawaiian rolls and cornbread. For dessert homemade gingerbread cake with whipped topping.
Right now I am finishing up the traditional Christmas morning pancakes Mmmmmm.....
Hope you all have a tasty day.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To spuce up your sprouts, toss them in some margarine or butter, and dust them with toasted almonds. Yum!
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
To spuce up your sprouts, toss them in some margarine or butter, and dust them with toasted almonds. Yum!

Nah m8... good old steamed (or boiled) sprouts in butter... then mash em into the gravy or better still sprouts doused in vinegar is my fav...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Turkey is in...
Not doing the bird in the bird in the bird this year & saving the goose for next week when the in-laws visit for our 2nd Xmas.
Spiced up one side of the turkey (injected spices in butter via a medical contraption modified for cooking) with loads of spicy stuff & did a 1/2 dry rub with hot spices the other side with normal dry rub... (kiddie friedly side).

Having roast spuds, mashed spuds, brussels, brocoli, cabbage (dutch style), parsnips, roast onions & roasted garlic... along with home made gravy & individual portions of stuffing (as per the post in Aja's kitchen)...

Only got the wife, kids & bro-in-law for dinner this year... no waifes or strays... so keeping it basic with the bird.
Was going to do the ham too as usual, but decided to hold that off for next weekend also...

I did cheat & cook then reduce down a duck yesterday, only to get the fat / grease to cook the spuds, onions & parsnips in...
The meat from the duck was put into my xmas eve soup... it's a soup that I start on Xmas eve morning & remains cooking over the following 7 or 8 days... any decent leftovers go into it... sounds odd but is always yummy on these cold days & nights.
(Beats the heck outta' turkey sannies too).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Back on topic...

Eff, sky, Face, Bat, Griffo, Neko, luke, maycm, Aja & all the regulars... (& their families of course)

I am humbled to know you all via this wonderful website...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas or celebration of your choice & that the new year brings you much joy, health & wealth...

Faceless... a huge thank you for being "DAD" to such a great group of people & running such a wonderful site.

All the best

Joker.

/me is off to start on a rather large handle (1.5lt jug) of the good stuff...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your good wishes Joker. Passing on all the same to you and yours Smile

Over here at my parents now and the gifts have been done, everyone's just relaxing and enjoying each other's company Smile

And now, I think a drink might be in order..... how good of my mother in law to bring along a bottle Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
maycm wrote:

Nah m8... good old steamed (or boiled) sprouts in butter... then mash em into the gravy or better still sprouts doused in vinegar is my fav...

now now Joker, there's never a need to besmurch a man's sprouts and proffer your own as better...

I'm laughing like a loon now...

Laughing
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
6ULDV8 wrote:
maycm wrote:

now now Joker, there's never a need to besmurch a man's sprouts and proffer your own as better...

I'm laughing like a loon now...

Laughing

LOL...

I was not attempting to put his sprouts down...
Honest...
Just one of those "Joker moments",,,,

Mind you, me & no teeth with the almonds.. can't see that happening.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do my sprouts the way my great-Oma did them. Boiled then cut in half and fried up in butter so they get a nice crisp on the outside.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I do my sprouts the way my great-Oma did them. Boiled then cut in half and fried up in butter so they get a nice crisp on the outside.

I hate brussel sprouts but if I had to eat them, this would be the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: