Christmas Films
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Christmas Films Reply with quote

Ok, we've had threads about Christmas music so i thought it would be good to have one about films. What are your favourite Christmas films?

Mine has got to be Home Alone...possibly my favourite film too Laughing

I always have a day each year on the week before Christmas where i watch 1, 2 and 3 in a row (number 4 sucks) Laughing
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a tie between "A Christmas Story" and "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation". For me it just wouldn't be the holidays if I didn't hear "You'll shoot your eye out" or see a family chased by a demented squirrel from the Christmas tree.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like It's a Wonderful Life. I have to have the right mood, setting, and time for it, but I can still enjoy it though I've seen it a million times. I feel the same as you Griffo regarding Home Alone. That is a classic and I love that one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XXX Christmas Teen Amature Anal Auditions Volume #3
(just kidding but couldn't resist)

Hmmm Crimbo flicks...

The original 'Grinch' & 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' have to go way up in my top 5, but those are animations rather than movies...

I'd have to admit that 'Christmas with the Kranks' (despite the casting) was a good story...

But my fav all time Xmas movie has to be: "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
Hmmm Crimbo flicks...

The original 'Grinch' & 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' have to go way up in my top 5, but those are animations rather than movies...

I think they still count though Smile

I like the two you've mentioned, but my favourite is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer-- the one from the late 60's/early 70's with the really bad animation. I've watched it every year since I was a kid Smile

Last week we watched one I'd never seen before... can't remember the name but I think it was something like Rudy the Reindeer. I think it must have been made by the same people who did Wallace and Grommit because it was the same sort of animation and humour. Will watch that again next year for sure-- it gave us a real chuckle Smile

PS-- if anyone knows the name of that, pass it along. I think there might be more than one episode of it and I'd like to try and get them for my husband... he loves that stuff.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked "Scrooged" myself - anything with Bill Murray is good with me.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:

Last week we watched one I'd never seen before... can't remember the name but I think it was something like Rudy the Reindeer.

I know of one called "Robbie the reindeer"
Robbie must train to compete in the Reindeer Races against reindeer-gone-bad ... Robbie and his reindeer friends, including Donner, Prancer, Old Jingle and ...

Robbie is the eponymous hero, the son of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_the_Reindeer (states that he is the star of 3 animated shows)

wikipedia wrote:
The director was Richard Goleszowski of Aardman Animations. Though not technically an Aardman production, several of the company's staff did work on the project, hence its heavily Aardman-esque visual style. The executive producer was Richard Curtis.

Also:
Olive the reindeer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive,_the_Other_Reindeer
Olive, the Other Reindeer is an animated 45-minute-long Christmas television special, produced by Matt Groening of Simpsons fame and directed by Oscar Moore. It first aired on December 17, 1999, and was based on the 1997 children's book by Vivian Walsh and J. Otto Seibold. It stars Drew Barrymore

My kids (& wife) loves these...
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wallace and gromit Very Happy
Bat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Great Escape agree
luke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the snowman Smile

we're walking in the air ... we're floating in the moonlit sky ...
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! Oh hang on, maybe that's an Easter film??? Oh well, I still love it...especially this scene. Very Happy

Doll on a Music Box
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Special report for EFF' Reply with quote

Eff' guess what's going to be on in the UK on Xmas day.... w00t

ANIMATION: Robbie the Reindeer in Close Encounters of the Herd Kind
On: BBC 1
Date: Tuesday 25th December 2007
Time: 14:30 to 15:00

Comedy animation. When Robbie s wedding is halted by the presence of a sinister crystal and his fiance Donner is kidnapped by aliens, Robbie must embark on a mission to stop the destruction of the planet by the evil Vorkana, Queen of the Nargathrons. But with the clock ticking and a best man too love sick to be of any assistance, it is up to Robbie to rescue his sweetheart and save the world in time.

Starring: Ardal O'Hanlon, Jane Horrocks, Steve Coogan, Harry Enfield, Paul Whitehouse, Sean Hughes
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that info, I'll try and get it recorded and posted. The cast sounds excellent
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
cheers for that info, I'll try and get it recorded and posted. The cast sounds excellent

No probs...

I was oggling whats on over the next 12 days & saw it...
As I typed the above info one of the kids came in, peeked over my shoulder & then started to shout it out at the top of his lungs as if the news was biggest thing he'd ever heard...

My kids love this stuff almost as much if not more than Eff' (if that's possible).
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christmas Story, Olive the Other Reindeer, Polar Express. I love all the cheesy kids ones ... you know Misfit Toys, Heat miser and the lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: