Clinton slams Coulter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
'Taffia'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Clinton slams Coulter Reply with quote

Clinton slams Coulter's 'vicious' put-down of some 9/11 widows

WASHINGTON (AP) -- New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton lashed out at Ann Coulter for a "vicious, mean-spirited attack" on a group of outspoken 9/11 widows, whom the right-wing television pundit described as "self-obsessed" and enjoying their husbands' deaths.

Coulter writes in a new book, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," that a group of New Jersey widows whose husbands perished in the World Trade Center act "as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them."

She also wrote, "I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much."

Clinton, who has felt Coulter's wrath over the years, responded angrily on Wednesday.

"Perhaps her book should have been called 'Heartless,"' the senator said.

"I know a lot of the widows and family members who lost loved ones on 9/11. They never wanted to be a member of a group that is defined by the tragedy of what happened."

The New York Democrat and former first lady said she found it "unimaginable that anyone in the public eye could launch a vicious, mean-spirited attack on people whom I've known over the last four and a half years to be concerned deeply about the safety and security of our country."

The senator spoke after delivering a speech on protecting children from exposure to sex- and violence-saturated media.

Coulter appeared Tuesday on NBC's "Today" show, and reiterated her stance, saying the women used their grief "to make a political point."

Her criticism was aimed at four New Jersey women whom she dubbed "The Witches of East Brunswick," after the town where two of them live.

They have spent the years since the 2001 terror attacks supporting an independent commission to examine government failures before the attack, and in the 2004 presidential campaign they endorsed Democrat John Kerry.

The women are Kristen Breitweiser, Lorie Van Auken, Mindy Kleinberg and Patty Casazza of New Jersey.

The women, who are still pushing for changes in how the government guards against future attacks, issued a joint statement after Coulter's television appearance.

"We have been slandered. Contrary to Ms. Coulter's statements, there was no joy in watching men that we loved burn alive. There was no happiness in telling our children that their fathers were never coming home again. We adored these men and miss them every day," the women said.

You can view a clip here:

---------------------------

Ann's statements are disgusting and shocking (as usual). no

She doesn't seem to know the facts, or what these women were actually trying to do. Why attack and hurt women who are still grieving and in pain?

All she cares about is selling her own books. She's an evil nasty bitch.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, emotions shouldn't be used in a political arena? Fair enough, let's shoot her in the head and not think twice about it!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's a senseless whore as far as I'm concerned. A complete waste of space!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That woman seriously makes me sick. And personally I wouldn't mind if she had her tongue cut out. She aloud to say what she thinks so why can't the "liberal media" say what they want to say.

I personally have no idea about this "liberal media" that keeps getting talked about. Most of our news reporters never ask hard hitting questions, and when they do they allow the people to spin and never really push. Not to mention the newspapers sitting on the whole phone tapping incidents for a year because the White House asked them to. "Liberal Media", please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: