Favourite Christmas Songs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Favourite Christmas Songs? Reply with quote

Ok, so now it's December we're allowed to talk about Christmas (damn the TV adverts for it in November!). I love all aspects of Christmas...even the cheesey tunes!

So i thought it would be good to see what all of your favourite Christmas songs are. My favourite is probably 'The Pogues - Fairytale of New York'.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas" by Gayle Peevey
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded a whole load of Christmas albums from a few sites, so if there's any requests for downloads just say - I should have it here, apart from that one you mentioned Sky! haha

If you check this link you can hear a few songs from this Muppets album... I'll add all other Christmas related songs in there too.

http://www.humyo.com/52617335
luke

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i must admit that most xmas songs i really really hate - i used to work in an electronics shop when i was at college and every year they used to play xmas songs non stop all day long - it drives you mad Mad

the only plus side, it was a break from kenny g

that job nearly drove me insane crazed

i'll check out your upload though faceless, see if theres any good ones thumbs
Griffo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I just downloaded a whole load of Christmas albums from a few sites, so if there's any requests for downloads just say - I should have it here, apart from that one you mentioned Sky! haha

If you check this link you can hear a few songs from this Muppets album... I'll add all other Christmas related songs in there too.

http://www.humyo.com/52617335

Maybe all our fav Christmas songs could be uploaded to there and have a big Couch Christmas compilation album Laughing
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago there was a tune going around of someone "laughing" to a Christmas Carol (Jingle Bells?). It was hilarious and could get you laughing in a minute.... have no clue who did it though. They used to play it every Christmas in school when they dismissed us for the last day and you'd have teachers and students rolling in the aisles.

Other than that, I tend to like the traditional carols, Ave Maria. Favourite Christmas Album is by Harry Connick Jr. (the one that came out in the 1990's).
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added in a version of Ave Maria - by Joe Carreras, though it's not the best version I've heard...

no Harry Connick handy though, but I'll have a look for it and also the laughing jingle bells, that sounds ideal
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my favorite for those who have never heard of it. I just love it because it always puts a smile on my face and it's just so silly.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love reggae christmas tunes Smile

[web][/web]
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have mentioned this in years past, but I just heard 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' again and once again the line 'and tonight thank god it's them instead of you' stuck in my brain...

Are you supposed to say a prayer that goes 'Dear god, thanks for making me more important than these others'?
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I might have mentioned this in years past, but I just heard 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' again and once again the line 'and tonight thank god it's them instead of you' stuck in my brain...

Are you supposed to say a prayer that goes 'Dear god, thanks for making me more important than these others'?

It's so funny that you brought this point up, Face because I've thought this every year since they made the song --- although I don't think that's what they meant when they wrote it.
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That song makes me cry every time I hear it. I actually love alot of the songs but prefer specific versions.
The Judds - Winter Wonderland ... love the understated sweetness of it.
Shawn Colvin - Merry Little Christmas (but the version where she doesn't screw up the lyrics)
Faith Hill - Oh Holy Night
LoneStar - Santa Claus is Coming to Town (a fun country version - though my Davyboy LOVES the Springsteen version)
Michael Buble - Let it snow
Leon Redbone - Baby it's cold outside

I like to sing in the car so it's all good.

Oh ... I forgot to add Another Auld Lange Syne by Dan Fogelberg. Lydia LOVES that song because the lyrics are ridiculous for a holiday song. "'We bought a six pack at he liquor store.'?? Yeah mom, that's Christmas!"
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one I hadn't heard since I was a kid and had forgotten but loved! It's been playing on the radio a lot here.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard it before!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember exactly when I heard it (or if it just sounds like something I heard as a kid) but it reminded me of something. Either way, I liked it and have enjoyed listening to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: