SpideredNews.com : Volunteer News Cameramen and Reporters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: SpideredNews.com : Volunteer News Cameramen and Reporters Reply with quote

SpideredNews.com : Volunteer News Cameramen and Reporters wanted
==============================================

If you have an interest in the news, and would like to be there recording the breaking news, and if you wish, to be a reporter on your video recording, then please e-mail editorial@spiderednews.com with your details.

Please include a description of the type of events you are interested in, so that you would be recording events which are both news worthy, and of interest to yourself.

If you would like to propose a team of friends (e.g. cameraman, reporter, video editing and uploading) then that would be great.

This is an excellent opportunity to both increase your exposure and to bring to a wider audience news which is overlooked by the mainstream media.

---
Editorial - SpideredNews.com
editorial@spiderednews.com
http://www.spiderednews.com
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a good plan, you should maybe send it on to all sorts of local colleges where they do media studies. So many short films are made about local issues that go unseen - I've made plenty...
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea faceless. I had already posted it on http://www.mediauk.com/
{though takes 24 hours to "vet"}

Someone also recommended Bournemouth University's media course.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd be up for that in the london area Smile i haven't really got a clue what i'm doing though Embarassed but i have a camera that takes video and i'd be up for popping into london to cover certain events and protests etc

what you planning on doing then mandy, covering things then just editing them for the site?

face's ideas a good one, i bet you'll get a lot of talented people with no real outlet for their work who'd be up for it

do you need any videas of urban foxes and squirrels? i've got 2gb of coverage for you Laughing
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke, that is great.

If you have the time, would you like to research and contact the local colleges ?

You could build a team around yourself
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
what you planning on doing then mandy, covering things then just editing them for the site?

Idea is to add a "from the archive at SpideredNews.com" watermark on every frame, and then upload it (e.g. to an FTP account which would be allocated to you) so that it can then be linked to by SpideredNews.com and other forums, including CT.

And for something really hot, they might even get shown on a mains news channel

luke wrote:
do you need any videas of urban foxes and squirrels? i've got 2gb of coverage for you Laughing

Many a true word spoken in jest. You could pick a few and act as a sample/test to upload.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm'd you Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: