People giving TV a bad name...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: People giving TV a bad name... Reply with quote

I just read this list and it got me thinking about other shows where performers have brought the house down in the wrong way... Oliver Reid springs to mind
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that the Minneapolis-based band, The Replacements, were mentioned. I didn't see them on SNL, but I remember hearing people talk about seeing them in concert.

It was always considered a crapshoot as to whether they'd give a good performance or not, as it was openly known that the band would be either (1) awesome or (2) falling down drunk and give a lousy show.

Also, don't forget that former cast member Mike Meyers based his "Austin Powers" character, Dr. Evil, on Lorne Michaels! This article kind gives you an idea as to why, doesn't it? Laughing
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of those were pretty crazy!

I've heard that Shaun Ryder is the only person mentioned specifically by name in Channel 4's broadcasting standards guidelines, stipulating that he can NEVER appear on a live broadcast on their channel because every single time he had in the past, he always swore without realising it.

I think he even went on TFI Friday and told Chris Evans, live on telly, "Don't worry, I won't fuckin' swear".
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember watching Frank Zappa on the show when I was a kid. I remember him in a sketch of the "Coneheads" He was terrible. So bad in fact that he started laughing at his own stuff and had to spit out the food and drink he was consuming on stage. However, he tried to do it without being noticed by cupping his hands. It made it look more like he was vomiting. Even at 7 I knew that wasn't any good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: