I'm a Celebrity 2007
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: I'm a Celebrity 2007 Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm A Celebrity... bosses have approached Paris Hilton to appear on the next series of the reality TV show.

The US socialite has reportedly been offered £500,000 to appear in the jungle.

According to the Daily Star, Hilton is "on standby" to appear in the programme, which begins next month.

A friend of the star said: "She’s terrified of bugs and snakes but she is willing to give this a go to show the world she isn’t just a party animal.

"Appearing in the jungle is hard work - it’s really tough, especially for someone like Paris, so she wants to be well rewarded."

Other celebrities currently rumoured to be appearing on the show include singer Richard Fairbrass and music mogul Malcolm McLaren.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The jungle site which ITV plans to use for the new series of I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! has been hit by a poison scare.

Dungay Creek in New South Wales, which runs through the stars' jungle camp, has been contaminated by a toxic insecticide. Department of Environment and Climate Change officials have warned locals to stay away from the water and banned fishing and swimming.

A source told the Daily Star Sunday: "It's a nightmare. No one saw this kind of problem coming our way."

An ITV spokeswoman said: "Dungay Creek runs through the land where I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! is filmed. Investigations are still ongoing. The show will be going ahead as planned. We cannot comment further until the outcome of these investigations is available."

The reality show returns to screens next month.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's always a laugh that show - whoever's on it
luke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that could be quite good, she'll hate it! depending on who else is in there she'll get voted for every challenge

half a million though?! she should give it to charity, shes loaded - that would do more to improve her image than eating a few bugs
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
depending on who else is in there she'll get voted for every challenge

I'd not thought about that, but it would be a real laugh if it happened. Additionally of course people would have to vote to keep her in the game week after week.

It would be interesting to see how the show would handle targeted voting like that, especially in view of the recent scandals around phone voting in the UK.

Probably they would come up with a rule that says you are only allowed a certain number of challenges and then you are excluded from the voting.
Griffo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Paris Hilton doesn't end up on it. She'll be trying to seduce the animals Laughing
luke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
I'd not thought about that, but it would be a real laugh if it happened. Additionally of course people would have to vote to keep her in the game week after week.

It would be interesting to see how the show would handle targeted voting like that, especially in view of the recent scandals around phone voting in the UK.

Probably they would come up with a rule that says you are only allowed a certain number of challenges and then you are excluded from the voting.

i'm sure there was someone on the last series who was targeted pretty bad by the public for all the challenges, i can't remember who was on it though - the only person i can really remember from all the ones i've seen is princess dianas butler, paul burrell!

Laughing
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following people have been linked with "I'm a Celebrity" over the last few months as potential contestants.

It's going to be interesting to see how many of these make the final list

Gene Simmons (Rock Star)
Kate Hopkins (Horse faced contestant from "The Apprentice")
Paul Gascoigne (Drunken Football player)
Sally Morgan (Psychic)
Michael Barrymore (entertainer, ex Big Brother contestant, and cleared murderer)
Tempestt Bledsoe (Vanessa Huxtable from the Cosby show)
Richard Fairbrass (Right Said Fred frontman)
Jeffrey Daniel (ex singer with "Shalamar" and choreographer)
Pete Doherty ("Babyshambles" frontman and drug dealer)
Paris Hilton (professional nobody)
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Paul Gascoigne...how the mighty have fallen...
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen the show, so I haven't got a clue. Is it something like Survivor with celebrities?
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gemma Atkinson is among the celebrities confirmed for this year's I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here lineup.

Atkinson will be joined by Richard and Fred Fairbrass from '90s pop group Right Said Fred, US model Janice Dickinson and Apprentice star Katie Hopkins.

Also heading to the jungle are actor Christopher Biggins, ex-EastEnders actor Mark Bannerman, celebrity chef John Burton Race, interior designer Anna Ryder Richardson and former 5ive singer Jason 'J' Brown.

Completing the lineup are Prince Andrew's ex-lover Koo Stark, former Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren, football pundit Rodney Marsh, PR guru Lynne Franks and Welsh rock star Cerys Matthews.

The celebrities began arriving in Australia last night during torrential rain, which according to The Sun is threatening to turn their campsite into a swamp.

Last year's winner Matt Willis commented: "The camp has been absolutely soaked. I don’t envy this year’s contestants - I hope they they’ve brought their waterproofs."

I'm A Celebrity... begins on ITV1 this Monday. (Nov 12th)

Can't wait.....

Face, is this something you'll be capping? A huge investment in time I know....If not, I'll be grabbing it elsewhere and can upload here, but if you can upload it at Couchiferous speeds, it would be much appreciated. I would constantly be a day behind.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only names I know are Janice Dickinson and Mark Bannerman. I might just watch it to see Mark Bannerman. ;-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do about capping it maycm - with things uploading in a coucherific fashion these days it should be ok for the first while at least.

I've not heard either of those names before pirty - I'll need to brush up on my Hello magazines! haha
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a blog I just saw - if he's going to keep it up throughout the show it could be very good. It's written by a guy who often has jokes and letters published in Viz - not that that's any signifier of quality!

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only another few hours to go - and sadly enough I'm quite looking forward to it... haha

I'll post it up in two parts tonight as it's 90 minutes in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: