Finally got a fully updated XP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Finally got a fully updated XP! Reply with quote

Ok, so this probably isn't something that many people will think significant, but since Microsoft blocked updates for illegal copies a couple of years back I've simply just not bothered getting cracks or anything and stuck with the system I had. Today though I got the latest corporate XP release and Media Player 11, and it's also quite a step forward to see what IE7 looks like... haha

Anyway, the copy I got works perfectly and I can finally take a look at DRM files, which I'd like to get a grip on. One of the reasons I had any 'success' in the past was because of being able to get things like that working, or cracked, so it will be a good challenge.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a legit copy of XP, but do not wish to install M$'s invasive Genuine Advantage software. For this reason, I've been keeping up-to-date with a handy tool called AutoPatcher. It was available up until August, and may become available again in the future in a modified state. There might still be some places to find it online, in case your interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: