Ac Milan keeper Dida dive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Ac Milan keeper Dida dive Reply with quote

I forgot to check for this the other night after hearing about it on the news... I was expecting something a lot worse, but the fan barely touches him and he dives like he's been hit with a brick!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this Face, I missed it too and never got around to looking it up.

That Dida, eh? What a character!
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on some web-site that Milan and perhaps UEFA were going to investigate Dida for his theatrics! I hope so - I hate seeing stuff like that!!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be good if it's true, lost. The guy really embarassed his team and the game more than the daft bugger who ran out...
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate diving in any form, but this one really takes the cake. So little contact, so much flopping around...
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think Celtic should have been fined a higher amount but really glad Dida got banned for two games!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Service order for pitch invader

A man who ran onto the pitch at Celtic Park during a Champions League match against AC Milan has been handed 120 hours' community service. Robert McHendry, 27, from Cambuslang, admitted a breach of the peace at Glasgow Sherriff Court after handing himself in to police. He rushed from the stand following a last-minute winner by Celtic.

Sheriff Craig Scott took account of his early guilty plea. McHendry has been banned from Celtic games for life. Sheriff Scott rejected a Crown motion to ban McHendry from every football club in the UK. Sentencing, he said: "The circumstances of this offence mean that serious consideration must be given to a sentence of imprisonment. However, I am satisfied that in your particular case there's a direct alternative to imprisonment in the form of community service." He added that the order would have been for 180 hours had McHendry not pleaded guilty at an early stage. McHendry said he was "carried away" by the goal which secured a 2-1 for Celtic.

His lawyer Raymond McIlwham said: "As a result of this incident Celtic was fined £25,000 by UEFA. "Mr McHendry has received a life time ban from Celtic. He had incurred the wrath of supporters and damaged the club's reputation. This was not an offence that occurred against a background of rivalry and tribalism. It was a euphoric moment." He added: "This was thoughtless behaviour rather than calculated and malicious."

Outside court McHendry refused to comment. In a prepared statement, Mr McIlwham apologised on his behalf to both Celtic Football Club and to the players, management and fans of AC Milan. AC Milan goalkeeper Dida was banned for one game after the incident. He had been found to have breached Uefa's principles of "sportsmanship and integrity" for over-reacting to minimal contact by McHendry on the pitch.

---------------------

120 hours is quite a sentence for such a daft incident - let alone the fact he's been banned from Celtic Park!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: