Weight Loss Challenge!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just gotten a Nintendo Wii and have enjoyed playing some of the games that it's come with ---- it's quite a workout indeed....... not that I'm any good at them, mind you, but I've been sweating up a storm for the two days I've had it LOL (Tennis is fun, but I won't be signing up for Wimbeldon anytime soon Laughing )

Anyone use the Wii and what games would you suggest? Down the road I may invest in the Wii fit, but for now would just like to stick to the regular games.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one as well eefan, and reading this made me realize we should be able to play against each other! Link the Wii's from PA to Cahnadia!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I have one as well eefan, and reading this made me realize we should be able to play against each other! Link the Wii's from PA to Cahnadia!

I'm hooked up to internet so shouldn't be a problem...... other than I'm sure I won't be much of a challenge Smile We'll have to figure out which games will let us so that Smile Tennis? Boxing?
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am down a total of 65lbs now. I had a year long stall that I played around with the same 5lbs...up...down...up...down...but now I am at the gym 5-6 days a week and the weight is coming off again. Yippee!!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great Spurs! Way to go. I need to get back more regular to the gym myself.

You must be so excited. It will be so fun to do the clothes shopping when you are done.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best part is I don't have to wait until I am done to shop. Every 10lbs is a clothes size. Now I don't go shopping every 10lbs, but as things get big, I get rid of them and hit the thrift stores and charity shops. When I get to my final weight, I may actually throw in some "real" new clothes!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrift shop clothes are the way to go for sure. I have to do that for my spring clothes. I'm with you, the "real" shop won't be happening until I am at my goal. And with the way things are now, thrift shopping is not only handy to help the pocket book but it also helps the charities that are so desperate right now.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a win-win for everyone! I used to not be able to find things at the charity shops. Really heavy people don't give their clothes away, I guess.. Laughing I have changed all of that. All of my bigger sizes went to charity. Much easier to find things in a 14-16 then in a 22!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go ladies Smile
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gained about 6 lbs during my gall bladder enforced gym layoff and graduation. I didn't think that was too bad considering all the eating out and drinking we did. But doctor approved return to the gym today and I am SO GLAD!! Felt good to workout again. I never thought I would hear myself say (or type ) that, but there it is...
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - you ladies are doing well. I have been such a wimp at weight loss this year, but today I hit my heaviest ever and am determined to do something about it. I've started yoga and tomorrow I am going serious walking...maybe in a few weeks I'll get to a little jogging. I've got a goal - in August I go to the UK for a wedding/visit and intend to be the size I was 2 years ago when I last went. That's a 15lb weight loss goal - in 14 weeks. About a pound a week - doable, right??
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Not only is that doable, but 1-2 pounds a week will be healthy.

I've finally lost another three pounds and am in the 130s. So almost at my goal. I have been bad since Memorial Day and need to get back to eating right.

I know you can do it Twirls. And we are here to cheer you on.
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Yes! Not only is that doable, but 1-2 pounds a week will be healthy.

I've finally lost another three pounds and am in the 130s. So almost at my goal. I have been bad since Memorial Day and need to get back to eating right.

I know you can do it Twirls. And we are here to cheer you on.

Thanks for the encouragement, Sky.

And well done on your weight loss. Are you still doing lots of spinning? I have a friend that does it but it hasn't appealed to me so far.

The good news is...this morning hubby announced he's had enough and wants to lose weight too so we'll be doing it together. Always better, I think!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Twirley, Go Twirley!! I know you can do it. I got rid of the weight I put on and then some...but only a litte some! I am back!!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still doing the spinning. I love it. For me not being too coordinated, it's a great way to get in cardio and I have found it very addictive. It's not particular comfortable when you are starting out, but the body adjusts and I have no aches or pains at all really. I also love the fact that I can burn 800 calories in an hour.

You can do it Spurs. You looked great in your graduation photos and you're only going to be looking better. A few pounds back on are no big deal. Getting them off again is just doing the work again. And to me, that work is worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16

Jump to: