X Factor 2007
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: X Factor 2007 Reply with quote

New season starts tonight! Much better than the US/Canadian crap we're treated to over here.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah right yeah, I'll try and get the first few episodes posted at least. You can't go wrong with having a laugh at the unfortunate fools who think they're stars!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can fill in the gaps on any you miss too
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty lengthy article, but it seems to put a lot of things in perspective that were probably obvious already...

I've moved all the reality TV threads into this section now
Lostinthestates

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naively I actually took everything at face-value that was shown on X-factor! Not all that surprised to read this however, when thinking about how much money is involved in this show for Cowell. He obviously is not leaving anything to chance!
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone here is watching X-Factor....latest news is that Emily has been booted off / withdrawn after a 'happy slapping' video found it's way onto the net.

Seems she's not so sweet and innocent as she is made out.

Sharon's down to one act now.....and she's not that good either.

I wonder if they'll let her bring back an act she previously cut?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neds with talent - whatever next?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope the family does more than apologize for their daughters behavior and works on sorting it out.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course, it doesn't exactly look vicious. Though, that slap on the back could have left a red mark for a half hour!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X MARKS THE FLOP
25 November 2007

OVER at The X Factor "someone's dream is about to end" - it's just a toss up between Sharon and Louis or one of the dull acts. This has shaped up to be the worst live finals yet, lacking both talent and entertainment.

Even Simon Cowell's glossy white teeth can't detract from a show he branded an "absolute disaster". Motown was scrapped last night for love songs in a bid to breathe life back into the old dog (Sharon was said to be breathing fine again). It can be altered and tinkered with as much as they like, but it doesn't change the rubbish line-up.

Simon left his passion behind on the way in (or on the way out of Britain's Got Talent - clearly now his favourite). While the judging panel have turned the show into a farce. Mrs O (AP) is actless, tactless and senseless. Once voted Britain's Best Telly Expert, she is now just that old bird on the box.

Louis's phrasebook of judging terminology is boring. "Come on, guys. You must be able to do better than this." You said it. While his bickering with Simon has gone from comical to sad. The only worthwhile addition is Dannii Minogue, left. Note to Dermot O'Leary - Kate Thornton has already done shouty and irritating.

Dannii cares (probably because she is set to win with Rhydian). She gives a new lease of life to a dying show. Judges aside, the finals stink worse than Amy Winehouse after an all-night bender. Without a decent line-up, it's like tuning in to Butlins cabaret after the red coats have won the lottery. No amount of dancers, high kicks or pyrotechnics can cover up the dross.

The only hope lies with Rhydian. His rendition of Somewhere was the performance of the night (well he was the only one who sang completely in tune). Danni's tears said it all ("I'm going to win, I'm going to win"). Niki and booted-off Beverley will end up fighting for a place in Chicago (home to X Factor reject Brenda).

They can both sing but hardly scream pop star. Leon's good as long as he doesn't try dancing (hideous) while Hope, who just scraped thorugh, are as likeable as a dose of haemorrhoids. And while Same Difference could appeal to the pre-teen market, they are freaky (and Sharon confessing she wants to get into bed with them is even freakier). After Leona Lewis, this lot had plenty to live up to. They can all sing, but none are "world class" and the constant references to Leona just remind viewers what they're missing.

The X Factor is only as good as the singers competing, making this year "distinctly average" (to use a Cowellism). Pop Idol came to an end after the Michelle McManus flop. Steve Brookstein (Ring a bell? Thought not) proved how wrong The X Factor can get it. And this year's dismal finalists may have sunk another nail in the coffin.

Simon has lost interest. But then when you are still raking in millions from phone votes - why bother caring?

-------------

A pretty fair approximation of how the show has been...
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one with a career ahead of him is Rhydian, who is growing on me week by week.

Am I the only one who thinks the brother - sister Same difference thing is a bit creepy? Especially when they sing love songs to each other. eew.

My missus like them though cos they're from Pompey.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that Rhydian has genuine performer quality - not quite a star yet, but given a few years...

Same Difference are like rejects from the Disney Club, still it's not as if that did Britney any harm... erm
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Final is set...am I the only one to think that Leon is a horrible singer?

OK - he's got that Buble style but his performance in the Semi final was out of tune and out of tempo. The Jazz thing he did was also, as Simon pointed out, a dreadful arrangement. Both his songs were a complete mess really.

Surprised he stayed in rather than Niki really.

I hope he doesn't win.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon that Rhydian will win. The whole series has been pretty bland, but he certainly seems to be the best performer of them all.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hidden: 
The result of the show has made me potentially dangerous!

What a shambles that Rhydian didn't win
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: