Stalkers and 'stars'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Stalkers and 'stars' Reply with quote

here the guy poses in fasnatastically significant poses with stars from the show
Corrie stalker returns to Street
By GUY PATRICK
August 17, 2007

SECURITY has been stepped up at Coronation Street studios after the return of a stalker who plagued three female stars. Loner Kevin Sedgewick, 49, has been spotted lurking at the entrance gates. Last night a Corrie source said: “There were several reported sightings last week but the other night there was a definite sighting and we said, ‘That’s him!’ We told our security team immediately and they’re going to keep an eye on it. The area is heavily protected by CCTV but we can’t afford to take any chances. This was a real problem and some of the girls were genuinely worried. He overstepped the mark.”

Sedgewick, who posed as a fan to be snapped with girl stars, was hauled before JPs seven years ago and ordered not to go near blonde stunner Tracy Shaw, who played hairdresser Maxine Peacock. He was also told to stay away from Jennifer James, who played Geena Gregory, and Jacqueline Pirie (Linda Sykes). Sedgewick had pestered Tracy, now 34, for five years.

She told police: “I’m constantly looking over my shoulder. My life has been turned upside down." She said he sent letters “as if he were in love”, referring to her as “babe” and “darling”. She added that Sedgewick “scares the life out of me and the other girls”.

Some stars reportedly returned from shopping trips to find him outside their homes. Manchester magistrates banned him from going near the TV studios for FIVE YEARS. Sedgewick, of Wigan, Gtr Manchester, was warned under the Protection from Harassment Act — known as the “stalking law”. Last night a Corrie spokesman said: “We have been made aware of Sedgewick’s return and we will be monitoring the situation.”

-----------------

slap
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he looks so normal , in a kind of child molesting stalker kind of way
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Councillor dubbed Mr Good Evening is jailed for bombarding DJ Iain Lee and his wife with abusive phone calls, emails and tweets
5th December 2011

A parish councillor known as 'Mr Good Evening' who bombarded late night DJ Iain Lee with hate messages over the phone, email and Twitter has been jailed. Samuel Wilkins, an Ofcom worker and village councillor in Whyteleafe, Surrey, subjected the comedian and his wife to a 16-month campaign of abuse and nuisance calls. Mr Wilkins, 33, who is also a children's charity trustee, sent Twitter messages calling Lee an 'ugly cunt' and a 'pathetic little prick' and even made remarks about the DJ's young son.

The councillor also emailed Lee three times a week and bombarded the DJ's late night phone-in on Absolute Radio with nuisance calls where he would introduce himself as 'Mr Good evening', in a high-pitched voice. He said Mr Lee had a 'disfigured face' and told his wife to 'do me a favour and kill your ugly husband so we don't have to listen to him anymore'. The defendant bombarded Iain Lee's Late Show with nuisance calls and emails for 16 months before his arrest last December. At the same time, he volunteered as a village councillor for Whyteleafe, Surrey, and a trustee for children's charity Tenderheart.

Westminster Magistrates today jailed Wilkins for eight weeks after telling him his behaviour amounted to 'very serious' harassment. Lee's wife, Eloise Carr broke down in tears as she told magistrates how Wilkins said he hoped she had acid thrown in her face. Passing sentence, presiding magistrate Yvonne Constance told Lee: 'We notice the absence of any remorse for these offences, which went on for a period of 16 months, and we have concerns they may be repeated. You were warned by the lawyers at the radio station to desist, yet you continued right through to December when finally these matters were brought to the attention of police.' Wilkins was sentenced to eight weeks jail but then released on bail pending an appeal.

Mr Lee announced in October he was leaving the radio station 'to pursue other radio, live and TV projects.' At the time, he declined to comment on his departure or the ongoing court case. His show, which aired from 11pm - 1am, Monday to Thursday, invited listeners to call in about a range of topics. Wilkins was a regular caller who would announce himself as 'Mr Good Evening', the court heard.

Giving evidence, Mr Lee said he was first contacted by the defendant when he was working at LBC radio four years ago. 'We received calls from a man that would just say 'good evening' in a very specific, high-pitched voice,' he told the court. 'At first the calls were very repetitive but no problem. There was a brief pause but after a few months he continued calling from a withheld number. I let him come on the radio show and either he would hang up or I would cut him off. The phone calls started becoming a little bit too regular and getting a bit abusive. When Mr Good Evening was refused access to the show the calls started coming from a mobile phone with a different voice, but it was obvious it was the same person.

They were starting to become angry, frustrated and obnoxious and when Eloise called the number back, the answerphone said Sam Wilkins. 'The calls were aggressive, demanding and seemed to imply a sense of entitlement that he should be on the show. Some shows he would call up to 10 times and there were a number of occasions when I told him to stop calling us on air. His reaction was sometimes to agree to stop calling, but sometimes he would refuse and say 'I will do what I want and I will keep calling if I want to'.'

Wilkins also sent Mr Lee and Ms Carr at least three emails each week, the court heard. He asked if there were any jobs and described how he had 'the boss from hell' at Ofcom. Wilkins later asked for help after losing his job and expressing worries that his life would go down the pan. The emails, sent between November 2008 and May 2010, were from at least three addresses with the name Sam Wilkins, with one under the alias of Eileen French - Wilkins' grandmother. Another email claiming to be from Mr Lee was allegedly sent to BBC Breakfast by Wilkins saying he would like to move his show. The emails all ended with 'It's Goodbye from Mr Good Evening'.

Mr Lee described the correspondence as 'weird', saying: 'I find it odd that someone I don't know is sending me messages about their life and I thought, 'this is getting weird now'. He was constantly telling me about the sadness and emptiness of his life and I felt uncomfortable.'

During the trial defence barrister Joanna Hardy suggested Mr Lee 'goaded' Wilkins, who she described as 'vulnerable', and encouraged him to call the show. Wilkins, of Godstone Road, Whyteleafe, Surrey, was found guilty of two charges of harassment without violence.

----------------------

That's a fine error from the author of this article that I've put in bold...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: