Fourth "Who" Series Begins Shooting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Fourth "Who" Series Begins Shooting Reply with quote

Fourth "Who" Series Begins Shooting
Monday August 13th 2007 12:11am

Shooting has begun on the fourth season of "Doctor Who" with Catherine Tate reprising her role as Donna, the runaway bride who'll serve as this year's main companion.

The first episode sees Donna tracking down the Time Lord during an alien emergency in modern-day London. The second episode has the pair having an encounter with legendary murder mystery novelist Agatha Christie (Fenella Woolgar).

The Ood, the strange slave-race aliens from the "Impossible Planet/Satan Pit" two-parter during the second season, will return in an episode entitled "Planet of The Ood." Felicity Kendal and Tim McInnerny will also guest star sometime in the season.

One bit of bad news. A fire over the weekend at the Cinecitta Studios in Italy has put a spanner in the works. An episode later in the season is to be set in Ancient Rome and would've used some of the sets leftover by HBO's "Rome" production. Producers claim that whilst the fire did damage some of the sets, much of the crucial ones remain intact and filming will still go ahead next month once the fire damage has been cleared up.

Finally one bit of talk from The Sun indicates that David Tennant is likely to be playing the title role in the Royal Shakespeare Company's new version of "Hamlet" on stage - and if so, he'll be leaving the series before the end of the season. As we know Producer Russell Davies will leave at the end of this season, and thus talk of Tennant's departure isn't entirely out of question.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just in:

THOUSANDS of Doctor Who books have been pulped — because of a spelling mistake on the front cover.

Publishers Penguin had sent the 2008 annual — featuring current Doctor David Tennant — to shops before the error was spotted.

But a red-faced insider, who refused to reveal the gaffe, said: “It’s embarrassing. The books are cherished so the publishers decided to recall them.”
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's pretty shocking that it got that far, past so many people, without it being noticed.

I wonder what it was though - and could they not just have put a wee sticker over it or something? I'm sure to collectors it would be a rarity that they'd like to have.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Faceless, I thunk I had posted what the spooling mistook was... Cool

The cover of the kids 'Annual' in huge letters:
"Dr. Hwo"
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Hwo? no way! This must be a marketing ploy or something.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone had this guy in mind (he's all over the infomercial circuit over here)

http://www.drhonow.com/
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Actress Billie Piper is to return to Doctor Who, the BBC has confirmed.
She will star in three episodes of the sci-fi drama, reprising her role as the Doctor's companion, Rose Tyler.

Rose's return will mean the Doctor has three assistants in next year's series - Donna, played by Catherine Tate, and Freema Agyeman as Martha.

The new series begins in March and will run for 13 episodes. There will be three special editions in 2009 before the show takes a break until 2010.

Piper left Doctor Who last year, when she was transported into a parallel universe.

Her character had proven a hit and the star won a number of awards for her performances. She was named most popular actress at the National Television Awards in 2005 and 2006.

A separate show based on Rose had been planned by writer and series producer Russell T Davies, but was scrapped when Davies decided the programme was "a spin-off too far".

Filming is currently under way in Cardiff for the new series of Doctor Who, which sees the Doctor meeting an old group of enemies - the Sontarans - 35 years after first encountering them.

Before that, the programme will return to television screens at Christmas with a special episode set on the Titanic, which will co-star singer and actress Kylie Minogue.

One good thing about not living in the UK is that when my kids get to see this, it will be a total surprise for them.

Having said that, I'm not sure it is a good move for the show. We'll see how they handle her reintroduction. It will have to be very well written to be plausible (if anything in Dr Who is plausible) but if they do as good a job of it as they did when the Master re-appeared then it may be OK.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it will be well done - though I'm surprised she came back to it. I was watching the episode of Top Gear that she was on a while back last night and she said quite clearly that she wouldn't. This makes me wonder if the total flop that was her 'Diaries of Prossie' thing had anything to do with it?
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not keeping all the "Whovians" up to date on stuff...

As reported above by maycm...
Rose should be returning for a show (not sure of how much she's doing)..
Cathrine Tate as we know steps up to replace Martha, yet Martha too will return in new series 4.
Top it off with a splash of Sarah Jane Smith & of course Kylie & that means the Dr gets 4 companions in the new season.
(It's been rumored that even K9 might be back for a few scenes)

Sources: Reuters / The Sun / BBC / Dr Who fan sites & many Dr Who based interviews

Soooo what do we think...

These are my personal ideas on the above (& a few hopes).

Kylie...
Bless her heart, hope she can act a bit better nowdays than when she was in that Oz soap.
As much as I await for the return of DrWho in this Xmas special, I shudder at a "Wooden" performance from a major player (Kylie).

Cathrine Tate...
We saw her before, she wasn't too shabby, just hope she isn't too over the top.
It is after all DrWho & not a vehicle for Tate, so lets all cross our fingers that she wasn't given 'full range' on set for this role & has toned down a bit since the last special.

Billie Piper...
I can't help thinking this will be a short 'Flash back' or 'through a void' type of reprise on the show... one that will bring a tear to even a hod carriers eye.
Realy looking forward to her on the show again as personaly, last season just didn't feel right without her there.

Sarah Jane Smith....
Has to be due to the "Adventures" spin off show, perhaps also how K9 might be showing up too.
She was a little more polished in her reprise in the DrWho apperance, I suppose it's more down to SJA being a CBBC show.
I can only hope that her performance will be more akin to the DrWho role than SJA.

I am also pleased to see Bernard Cribbins will be a part of the Xmas Special this year.
Apart from not seeing him enough on TV or in movies, he was indeed in a DrWho movie... It'd be nice if the Dr makes a referance to that.

Well, non of the above should be seen as a spoiler as it's news spoken about already & is virtualy anywhere you look in newspapers, on the web etc.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a trailer for the christmas special and Kylie seemed not to be wooden at all - she was also pretty fluid in the episode of Kath and Kim she starred in. I reckon it will be a good bit of nonsense.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found this shocker:

Quote:
AB Fab star Jennifer Saunders is set to be the first female Timelord – for just one episode.

The comic actress is in talks to become Doctor Who as David Tennant, 36, will leave after filming three specials in 2009.

TV bosses are keen to get a woman on board the Tardis for one of those shows.

A source said of Jennifer, 49, best known as Edina in Absolutely Fabulous: “She’s in the running and we all think she would be fantastic.”

I'm not sure if I'd like Jen' doing this... I don't think it'd be good for DrWho & certainly not for her either.

Ohhh & I recall reading somewhere something about Lilly Allen being on a show or two...
I have to back track & find out more on that tho'...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see her doing it if it was on Comic Relief or something... otherwise I don't fancy the prospect.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
THE daughter of former Time Lord Peter Davison is to star in Doctor Who. Georgia Moffett, 22, was up for the Agatha Christie episode of next year’s series but instead gets a BIGGER role, yet to be revealed, in a later story. She starred with her dad, 56, in BBC sitcom Fear, Stress And Anger, and as Alice Harding in ITV’s Where The Heart Is.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Doctor asks Madonna Who?

MADONNA bottled the chance to appear in the Doctor Who Christmas Special.

I’m told an entire episode, called The Last Cassandra, was penned especially for Madge in a bid to get her on board.

But she vetoed the plan and the script was scrapped in favour of a new episode starring KYLIE MINOGUE.

I wonder why the increasingly scrawny Mrs Ritchie was reluctant to play a Cassandra - a mutant species first seen in a 2005 episode that are just skin stretched on a frame.

My graphics lads have mocked up how Madge might have looked.

Show boss RUSSELL T DAVIES said Cassandras were inspired by skinny Hollywood actresses who’ve had too much plastic surgery. Ahem...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: